XWE Speed Change Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I want to know what is the fastest speed you can enter for XWE, both normalspeed and runspeed? Because whenever I enter a fast "runspeed" like 3000 or change it, SRB2 will give me an error whenever I do an ability (i.e.: thok, float, glide/climb, or fly). I think the error is a segment violation. Thanks!

36. Highest you can go is 36. and 3000 would be very overpowered. 360 is already very difficult to steer.

I am guessing that it has nothing to do with your speed values, because signal segment violations aren't usually caused by that.

I am guessing you don't have XWE set up correctly, or don't have the XWE with the option to turn off auto-capitalization.

XWE with lowercase lumps and purple fix: Link

Here is a tutorial to help you set up XWE: Link

If that isn't it, then please explain your problem in detail, and what the error dialog box said.

Describe exactly when the error occurs. Does it occur when your character jumps or springs? If so, then the error is almost certainly in your lump capitalization. If it crashes when you put it in, you need to change around the order of the lumps and/or find placeholders for missing lumps. If it crashes when you move the cursor onto that character in the select screen, it's a problem with your picture. If it crashes when you select the character and the level is about to load, it could be one of many problems.

Yeah, that is the auto capitalization problem. Go to the websites I gave you for the links to XWE with the option to turn auto capitalization off which is here: Link. After you do that follow the all the instructions on how to set up XWE here: Link

That will fix your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back