Screen resolution problem (640x400) in SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
So it began when I was trying Gleam of Force for the first time unknown of it's requirements. Shortly after, I recieved this error message and my screen screwed up which was solved with a restart of my computer.
ialmrnt5.png

(Yes, it's the Comic Sans MS font, forgive me)

So I tried playing Gleam of Force again and got the same error message. I was a little concerned and did a some research on the error message, more specifically 'ialmrnt5 error'. Later I found out that my display driver needed to be updated, and for that to happen, I would need to uninstall my current display driver and get a new one. Before uninstalling the current display driver, I knew for a fact that SRB2 can run in 640x400 resolution no problem. Also, before uninstalling I tried playing SRB2 and recieved the error message after a short time.

I uninstalled my display driver, restarted, Installed a new one and could play SRB2 and other types of games correctly. Although when I first opened SRB2, it was a black screen from the 640x400 resolution I was running it in which I assume was the problem. After changing resolutions through the config.cfg, I looked around the Video options of SRB2 and found I had more resolutions added and more resolutions than my computer can handle.
srb20044.png

I tried switching to the resolution of 640x400 for 5 seconds and noted that my screen appeared black and I was wondering why. I also tried other resolutions and yet my screen didn't turn black. I assume it's from the video card I just installed.

Now I request the assistance of fellow SRB2 members as to why my screen turns black whenever I switch my resolution to 640x400 and possibly find out some solutions (Solutions other than saying "Dont run it in 640x400 resolution").

You might want to try adding a custom resolution of 640x400 in your driver control panel (nVidia Control Panel for geforce cards) and see if it works then. The new driver may not be able to detect your monitor's screen resolution support? I've seen it before and usually it goes away after a restart, showing only resolutions your monitor supports. Reloading the video driver may do similar.

Sadly, I don't think I have the monitor screen resolution support.
monitorsf4.png

But it's wierd. From the SRB2 screenshot, I'm clearly running it in 640x480 resolution as opposed to 640x400 which comes as a black screen which I was able to run completely fine prior to the installation of the new display driver.

SSNTails said:
STRETCH OFF ?
I REALLY hate having a big black bar across the bottom of my screen. :(
It's almost as bad as OpenGL.

Also, I happened to just loose a whole bunch of resolutions just now.
srb20045.png

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
SSNTails said:
STRETCH OFF ?

1. OpenGL > You
2. How do you end up with black bars? I never get bars.

Why would you want to run SRB2 in 640x480 when you can use 1024x768 anyways? It fails D:

cueball61 said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:
SSNTails said:
STRETCH OFF ?

1. OpenGL > You
2. How do you end up with black bars? I never get bars.

Why would you want to run SRB2 in 640x480 when you can use 1024x768 anyways? It fails D:

For one thing, 1024x768 is my desktop resolution and it lags like MAD in that resolution. Also, you fail at not reading correctly, I want SRB2 to run in 640x400 not 640x480. I also have you know that OpenGL does place a black bar on the top of my screen, and in Software with STRETCH OFF, it makes an even bigger black bar on the bottom of my screen. :(

1. Update graphics drivers
2. Get a better graphics card

Because, yeah, if your pc lags at 1024x768, then you SERIOUSLY have some problems with it, I can run SRB2 on my server's old 32mb Radeon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back