• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M.V.P said:
May I ask why you hate the Wii?

You just did ask.

I'll give you an answer aswell if you want.
The reason I don't like the Wii is because I went round my cousins house to try out his Wii. After I had used it a bit I decided I didn't like it because I thought the graphics were pretty terrible compared to some of the other new consoles the had been relesased, and I found that the wii's motion sensor, dispite me stnding at rooms lenth, was too sensitive.Winning tennis on wii sports only took a couple of flicks with the wiimote of about 2 or 3 centmeters long.

The Yellow Blue Dude said:
After I had used it a bit I decided I didn't like it because I thought the graphics were pretty terrible compared to some of the other new consoles the had been relesased
bahahahahahahahahah #2

Graphics are hardly a reason to dislike a console. In fact, disliking a console because it has worse graphics that others is downright stupid. Look at SRB2. It's far from a graphically inclined, but a hell of a lot more fun than lots of other, more graphically inclined games.

I hardly ever use srb2...

And was graphics the only thing I metioned in my post, I don't think so.

Graphics was only one of my points. The big reason I didn't like it was because the motion sensor let me down. I found this disapointing because the motion sensor was the big marketing point for the Wii.

But you are probably right about graphics not being that important though so you do win their.

Also another thing about the Wii is that when I looked at the miis (I think( The little costamisable people)) they seemed to remind me of rayman because I couldn't see their knees. This isn't a negative comment, but it isn't really positive, I just found that weird.

I don't use my Wii for any Wii games (I only have LOZTP, Sports and Red Steel. Whoo.)

Played through LoZTP, can't be bothered to do so again. Red Steel is just plain linear, so I play FEAR or Halo (MP, of course.), and Sports is no fun. :<

I prefer my PC.

Eh. I rented Wario Ware, and was very dissapointed at what they did with multiplayer. The reason that I loved Wario Ware for the GCN was for it's crazy multiplayer games. If any of you can remember, the single-player in the GCN version sucked. On the contrary, Smooth Moves reversed this, having a robust single-player mode and a crappy multiplayer mode, making it quite the turnoff for me.

Spazzo said:
Eh. I rented Wario Ware, and was very dissapointed at what they did with multiplayer. The reason that I loved Wario Ware for the GCN was for it's crazy multiplayer games. If any of you can remember, the single-player in the GCN version sucked. On the contrary, Smooth Moves reversed this, having a robust single-player mode and a crappy multiplayer mode, making it quite the turnoff for me.
I seem to recall the crappy multiplayer, but I did love the single player games, especially the dancing one. :]

The Yellow Blue Dude said:
M.V.P said:
May I ask why you hate the Wii?

You just did ask.

I'll give you an answer aswell if you want.
The reason I don't like the Wii is because I went round my cousins house to try out his Wii. After I had used it a bit I decided I didn't like it because I thought the graphics were pretty terrible compared to some of the other new consoles the had been relesased, and I found that the wii's motion sensor, dispite me stnding at rooms lenth, was too sensitive.Winning tennis on wii sports only took a couple of flicks with the wiimote of about 2 or 3 centmeters long.
Okay, first. Wii Sports isn't meant to be visually appealing. Not that it MATTERS.
Second, Wii Sports is a piece of junk game. It's FREE, for Christ's sake.
Third, it's YOUR fault that you move the remote a couple centimeters. If you play the games the way they're meant to be played, it's fun. If you don't, it's your fault, as I said.

Shuffle said:
@Arrow, I have comcast, and my Wii works just fine online.

I'm sorry; I should've been clearer.

I have one of the Comcast modems provided by the company that have internal firewalls that won't let the Wii through, and that you can't disable without a super-password into the modem that Comcast reps don't exactly want to give out.

Buying a modem off the shelf didn't help much, as the local branch of Comcast has to send their modems software updates to get them pointed in the right direction (Lanham, MD instead of Manassas, VA), which can't be done with most store-bought modems.

Trapped between a rock and a hard place, I am.

Take the modem to comcast (or send it in, if they aren't close..) and get a new one.

Shuffle said:
Take the modem to comcast (or send it in, if they aren't close..) and get a new one.

They only offer modems on the non-working list, so when a tech came out here several days ago to exchange modems, it did no good.

I don't have any consoles or handhelds with internet access, 'cept for my DS, which I don't have the browser for anyway.

For the record, I only have an N64 and a GC at my Mum's and a PS1 (broken) and an Xbox at my Dad's. I also have a Game Boy Colour, Advance and a DS Lite. I don't have any Next-Gen consoles and I don't plan to get any; too poor.

Well, in our area, it's either Comcast or Verizon, and Verizon isn't available everywhere. Comcast is still better than dialup, generally.

Jurai_Madman said:
Arrow, some advice: Don't use Comcrap. Comcrap is Satan incarnate.

Seeing as how my Dad is the one paying for it, I don't have much say in the matter.

Not to mention what Mystic said (I'm in his area). Verizon's the only other alternative, and Comcast has a much larger area of representation around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back