Super SRB2 Kart Z =NOT EXACTLY CANCELED=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, its possible. It just takes lots of skill to make it. But most of the tracks on F-Zero GX are impossible to make, not all.
No, that's not the problem.

The problem is that F-Zero GX makes gravity bend over backwards like its bitch, while SRB2's whole engine is designed to only handle gravity that heads straight down. It's the same reason slopes don't exist; supporting all those weird angles would turn the already high number of sprites a character takes into the realm of absurd.

Also, the whole concept of ports irks me slightly, since those maps are made for a completely different engine than SRB2Kart's. Why not spend the time making something designed for our physics instead?

Last edited:
Also, the whole concept of ports irks me slightly, since those maps are made for a completely different engine than SRB2Kart's. Why not spend the time making something designed for our physics instead?

This is why I drew the line on ports. I didn't want to scrap all of them, as some people still find them fun, so I made a full set of 4 cups and left it at that. There will be no more ports (except if Battle mode gets implemented, possibly). I want to encourage other users to actually make NEW maps, preferably non-Mario ones, given how much they outweigh Sonic's settings.

True, I'm not exactly helping the number of ports we have with my F-Zero pack, but at least with SOME of them (Especally Fire Field) I'm adding extra stuff to them, like new routes. Plus, I'm taking advantage of the WW shield with my III maps. But at least I'm also making new tracks in a similer style, and I've also got a backlog of custom tracks that I could improve on, too.

You can drift on the air in any track, even after you jumped from a spring!
Found this out while I was playing Dark Desert.
Look on the pictures below.
Oh yeah and why can’t Player 2 drift?

Attachments

• srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 613
  • srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 530
  • srb20006.png
    srb20006.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 556
  • srb20007.png
    srb20007.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 532
While P2 not drifting is an issue (and a known one), drifting in mid-air is not so much an issue and practically a game mechanic at this point. Infact, several kart games with drifting allow you to kind of do this, retaining your drift charge if you fell off something and landed while holding drift. I think we'll be keeping this "bug".

No, that's not the problem.

The problem is that F-Zero GX makes gravity bend over backwards like its bitch, while SRB2's whole engine is designed to only handle gravity that heads straight down. It's the same reason slopes don't exist; supporting all those weird angles would turn the already high number of sprites a character takes into the realm of absurd.

Have you guys ever fully completed F-Zero GX? There is a plain oval track you know. There is also zoomtubes that you can make for the hard twisty parts.

There is a plain oval track you know.
We've already got GCN Luigi Circuit, we don't need another oval track.

If I would suggest an F-Zero GX port, then it would be probably that Red Canyon from Chapter 2 of Story Mode. It would also be the first no lap track.

I was originally going to make my map a no-lap/sections track, but then I decided it would be too much work, but I have other ideas that'd work nice in sections.

Well, when I do my RR, it'll most likely be the first sections track in SRB2Kart history.

We've already got GCN Luigi Circuit, we don't need another oval track.

If I would suggest an F-Zero GX port, then it would be probably that Red Canyon from Chapter 2 of Story Mode. It would also be the first no lap track.

GCN Luigi Circut isn't a oval track, it is a kinda "infinity" shape track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back