UPDATED New sonic model

Status
Not open for further replies.
TDM said:
20 bucks for you to do Tails first. ^_^
But this is awesome. What are you using to convert? I looked at the Garrysmod model, and it's got a whole different filetype.

I'm quite poor, so show me the money and your wish is my command.

Ashnal said:
I'm quite poor, so show me the money and your wish is my command.

Okay...

He can scan the money and send you via e-mail, and you can print it at your house. =p

Ashnal said:
Your computer is probably >4 years old then, time to get a new one!

My laptop is pretty new (a few months), but I figured out why my laptop was lagging when using models:

1. Vista
2. Laptop was overheating, I accidentally kept the fan next to a wall o.o / ^^"

Once again, your model is amazing T-T So amazing that it scares me. I think I'm going to explode.

Ultimate said:
Ashnal said:
Your computer is probably >4 years old then, time to get a new one!

My laptop is pretty new (a few months), but I figured out why my laptop was lagging when using models:

1. Vista
2. Laptop was overheating, I accidentally kept the fan next to a wall o.o / ^^"

Once again, your model is amazing T-T So amazing that it scares me. I think I'm going to explode.

Plugging it in might help too if you haven't. Most laptops decrease performance when running on battery.

Hmmm.... I can't seem to download this.
Could you upload this to megaupload or WHFF.

P.S I'm a "friend" of Dr.Pepper

Can anyone manage to make a wad to change his color, yes this is a request but i have tried this and it doesn't wrap the texture around the model properly.

Yeah I can see it now, its from Sonic Heroes but it has an SSBB look.

Very well done, though a bit jumpy.

The thing I really hate about SRB2 is the speed.
I can race through levels in like 1:00

I want to have fun with this sonic,, but I have a feeling when you do make knuckles it'll be awesome.

Silent_Snipe said:
Can anyone manage to make a wad to change his color, yes this is a request but i have tried this and it doesn't wrap the texture around the model properly.

A wad to change his color? You mean only when he goes super? Or for all frames?

If you want him to be red all the time, that can be easily achieved using Photoshop to change the blue to whatever color you wish, or asking me to change it myself and bake the new texture, which only takes a couple minutes at most.

Making a wad to change his color for only his super frames will be quite hard. The texture uses way more shades than are in SRB2's pallete. So you would have to take the texture and convert it to use SRB2's pallete first.

AracnoX said:

What do you mean by jumpy?

I made the texture fit the pallet but it still causes in-game glitches because it doesn't wrap the texture around the model correctly

Silent_Snipe said:
I made the texture fit the pallet but it still causes in-game glitches because it doesn't wrap the texture around the model correctly
Have you tried changing the offsets? Make them both zero.

Silent_Snipe said:

How exactly dd you accomplish this? What did you use to do it exactly?

Ashnal said:
Silent_Snipe said:

A wad to change his color? You mean only when he goes super? Or for all frames?

If you want him to be red all the time, that can be easily achieved using Photoshop to change the blue to whatever color you wish, or asking me to change it myself and bake the new texture, which only takes a couple minutes at most.

Making a wad to change his color for only his super frames will be quite hard. The texture uses way more shades than are in SRB2's pallete. So you would have to take the texture and convert it to use SRB2's pallete first.

AracnoX said:

What do you mean by jumpy?
The animations or kinda wierd, mostly the walking, it look like it skips just a little, and the walking doesn't keep up with SRB2's way too quick speed, he slides before you ever really take three steps.

Well I do have a small request, making him a bit taller in the leg area, hat may make the run look a little better.

Anyway's I wonder why SRB2 was styled in the way of the old sonic games.

AracnoX said:
Well I do have a small request, making him a bit taller in the leg area, hat may make the run look a little better.

Anyway's I wonder why SRB2 was styled in the way of the old sonic games.
Most sonic fans prefer the old sonic style games and remember this has been worked on for over 10 years, 10 years ago there was no sonic 06 *thinks of heaven* and as far as i can remember it was when sonic was going from 2d to 3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back