Four 2.1 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much agree with the idea of the private or public singleplayer with the broken netcode release so we can at least have some single player levels or try out the new features beforehand (just like the Minecraft snapshots).

We really need to test it to believe that all it's features actually work except the netcode of course.

Last edited:
SRB2 2.1 private beta is a bad idea...

I in my opinion, deserves to be played SRB2 2.1 for all and not be a private beta, and we all want to play and enjoy this new version, but I prefer to wait to fix the netcode from 2.1 to come out the broken netcode, and online that makes it more fun to play. I hope it fixed soon, good luck programmers.
Sorry for my bad english, i speak Spanish and for help i use Google Traductor.

What is wrong with the netcode? Does it crash the game when you try to load it, and What broke it? And most importatnly, how long do you think it will take for it to be fixed? I have been playing for 5 years and there have been some little bugs, but nothing fatal. Also what is with the website crashes. I tried to access this the other day, it did not work. Also, when I tried to access master server, it crashed Srb2...

What is wrong with the netcode? Does it crash the game when you try to load it, and What broke it? And most importatnly, how long do you think it will take for it to be fixed?
I think this has been answered a million times already in this thread, but okay: There are constant consistency failures when playing online and nobody knows what's causing them, otherwise it would probably already be fixed. Nobody knows how long it will take either.

SRB1 Remake will have bosses in 2D, too?
Well, eventually there are supposed to be bosses, but I would be surprised if somebody worked on that for 2.1. The SRB1 remake is pretty low on the priority list, for obvious reasons.

Have the devs tried using the 2.0.6 source, and adding each 2.1-specific feature to it to see which ones break the netcode? And, has anyone even been working on it recently?

Alrighty, this thread has become SO circular that the same questions are being asked on the SAME PAGE as the answer to the previous time it was asked, so it's time to kill it.

To reiterate: No, there is not a release date, and no amount of whining about it on the forums is going to make it come out faster. For an explanation of why debugging the netcode is a lot harder than it looks, see my previous post in this topic here: http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=729326&postcount=255

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back