cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and this is why I always base my modding projects off of SRB2 versions that allow you to edit them. SRB2 Heroes #2, Netlink, TURPG World 3D, all of my projects aren't based on 1.08 becuase of the check.

In the source code, SSNTails has commented off a thing of code that allows you to jump around the levels with the fly key ... er, fly around with Jump.

Uh..huh.... and?

All in all, I want to say this to everybody who cannot possibly understand up to this point: Source game changing MODs will not work on newer SRB2 versions. Please refrain from trying, guys, you'll only screw up your game. If you really want to make something that unbelivably huge and groundbreaking, use a slightly older FD demo. Or, you also have the coice of telling STJr what you have added. I think (?) that if it was good enough, they may include it in the "final" product.

Thank you.

:roll: I only use cheats (if a game has some) to just fool around. I get no satisfaction from beating a game by cheating.

cheating is bad

Cheating is bad... But dont hack into a game EVER!!! it could fry your system. anyways most games have protection from hacking. (gameshark or action replay... which one...)

Tommy, you are the victim of some definate misinformation. Using a gameshark to hack into games is generally save, and almost absolutely safe if you don't have your memory card in the slot.

Cheating is really just for amusement and testing, which is why NOCLIP, GOD, and other cheats still exist in SRB2.

When 1.1 comes out maybe you should make a cheatable version and a non-cheatable version. On the cheat one you could activate God mode, Bind rings mode, instant Super Sonic. And a bunch of other junk. And on the other version, none of that is possible.

Actually, I agree with Mecha Shadow, some of that stuff could be useful for testing out wads. But I would call it Debug Mode rather than a cheatable version.

The cheats are still in 1.09. That stuff is rather helpful for debug. However, all of them have been fixed so they properly don't let you do anything with them, since save data disables when you use them.

Hence, you can still use things like GOD, NOCLIP, etc., you can't just save whatever you unlock with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back