Level editing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yazuken

Hey. i read the level editing guide. but there is still something i need to know. how would you make a switch that would make water rise/lower?

Linedef executors. They're an advanced topic, so do some basic stuff first. You can make quite nice levels without all these fancy-shmancy effects I've been adding lately.

If that's the only thing that makes the level cool, you need a more interesting level layout! Effects like water rising are additive forms of coolness; you need something more.

i would tell you why i need to know how to make a switch that makes water rise. but then that would give away my idea, remember? please, just tell me how to do it =P. btw, thats not the only thing cool in the level. its just one of the three/four things.

Well as he said, you need to learn the basics first. Build a few less ambitious stages first, then come back to your cool idea.

Yazuken, first learn to use linedef executors. They are at the effects guide in SRB2 World. Then, use a linedef executor to make the water's controll setor's celling higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back