The Emerald Isles v2.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You thought I was dead, but in truth...I was dead!

Any explanation as to why the Good Version of Aquatic Labyrinth chugs single digit frame-rates?

Probably because levels that exceed a certain size limit and use a bunch of sectors tend to use a lot more CPU power than others would. I've got an i7 Intel chip with 8GB of RAM, so it's not really apparent when things would start to tank on my PC admittedly to gauge when I should probably look into problems like that.

Sorry.

Actually, the original version of New Aquatic Labyrinth is very laggy in 2.0. I seriously changed nothing in the zone.

No one cares what you didn't change, don't use this as a distraction/excuse/whatever it you were trying to go for. All that does matter is the changes you did make, and it's clear that all of those that were done are "minor" changes (minor as in, took 5 seconds with srb2db open to do; not minor as in affects gameplay in a small way) to do and you just went ahead and did them because "DIFFERENT IS BETTER".

Laggy ALZ is a problem. The half of the blue Crawlas not throwing projectiles is not.

EDIT: i guess it's a moot point though considering Kuja's going to do it properly anyways so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
5/29/15 - MAJOR UPDATE
While version 3.0 is on its way thanks to my failure, I've decided to include a truly proper port to hold off those that are waiting for Kuja to make 3.0.

-Any changes stated in the comments are now removed in TEI27:

• AMT Crawlas, EMT Crawlas, Devil Sonic, and Bigass Brown Crawlas have now been removed
  • The Hub is now an unlockable
  • The boss music in New ALZ3 should be present
  • BCZ1's speed pads were properly changed
  • All bosses from 2.6 are now in their proper zones with no changes to their battles.
  • Kuja's Special Stages are only available in the Emerald Run unlockable, and the special stages are back to normal.
  • Subtitles are also gone
  • Explanations have been added to New ALZ1 and the Scrapped Hub World for those who don't know about the major problems
Okay, I'm truly sorry for actually making a MB release a crappy port. While I have no actual way of making any SRB2 content due to personal issues where I can't use the computer often, You won't be seeing my name on the releases after TEI 3.0. I hope you may forgive me of my awful attempt of being part of the MB. Enjoy your time.

Last edited:
I hope you may forgive me of my awful attempt of being part of the MB.

Keep in mind, Duon, no one in here hates you for being part of the MB. I personally appreciate your attempt of trying to be part of it, even if it wasn't what you expected it to be. But remember that no one in here is feeling like the MB would be better without you being in here, and the criticism you often get is certainly nothing personal against you either. Remember, criticism is never to be taken personally, but it's meant to be taken as a form of knowing where you went wrong and what you can do to better yourself (even if it can sound harsh, some times).

Don't beat yourself too hard over not doing too well with the port of this level pack either. I'm aware that you probably had decent intentions with the changes you implemented, yet they didn't turn out that great in the result. But really, making mistakes like these is something common for everyone, and it's a part of learning and improving yourself.

Just don't feel guilty over this, okay? It happens. Give yourself some time to rest your mind, because you sound like you're going through quite the stress due to your personal issues.

Last edited:
I already PMed him to not beat himself up about it, but basically what MotorRoach said already. I know he thinks he's desecrated some "holy artifact", but I can't be mad at him for trying after me not having updated this in years.

Now that 2.7 is out, you might want to remove the old version from the download area, so people don't get confused and accidentally install the old version.

If you want to keep an archive of earlier versions of this port or something, it'd be better to put them in a spoiler box in the description of this mod. That way people know it's an earlier build.

EDIT: For some reason, I finished EIZ1 and skipped straight to EIZ3. Might want to look into that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back