I cannot download wad files from a server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speed2411

Speed2411
I was attempting to join a server with downloadable files when it just freezes in the middle of the download. Then I go and host my usual server, then Srb2 crashes with a error message that says, "Try to download <Bla Bla Bla.wad> with a status of 3?

What does this mean?

How can I fix it?

Oh I get that all the time don't really know what it mean's but I think it means the downloaded file cannot be loaded when hosting which might give whoever is hosting a error. Well I suggest you just close Srb2 and reopen it again but don't join that server that let's you download the wads. Just go straight to host and host your game, if your ports are foward.

Last edited:
Oh I get that all the time don't really know what it mean's but I think it means the downloaded file cannot be loaded when hosting which might give whoever is hosting a error. Well I suggest you just close Srb2 and reopen it again but don't join that server that let's you download the wads. Just go straight to host and host your game, if your ports are foward.

I get that error too. If you try to get a wad and stop downloading, then it will screw up. But if you try to download it repetitively then it will download and not crash.

I get that error too. If you try to get a wad and stop downloading, then it will screw up. But if you try to download it repetitively then it will download and not crash.

So it might just be a interrupted file bascially. It can't load unfinished wads so it just decides to crash randomly.

Geez, people. Saying you also have that problem won't help any of you.

You can aswell try to find those WADs (either on the MB if they are of any quality, or in an internet hole only the host knows where it is), or you don't need to join the server at all and host your own. It's just that simple.

Besides, this has been asked numerous times and everyone had a different solution, you'll have to live with it. :V

But how come it is like that with every server I try
To join with wads? Also, how come other people can download wads just fine?

But how come it is like that with every server I try
To join with wads? Also, how come other people can download wads just fine?

It all depends on your connection speed or if someone is hosting it might be there connection. Also if your hosting you can actually make the server download's a little better with the console command "Maxsend". Maxsend tells you how much KB are being send to joinners. But there's a limit on how much is being send, I just forgot how much is the limit the KB is...

Well theres another way to look for the limit it's on a wiki in the console commands.

Last edited:
For those who think "it's just me": this problem was reported a few times.

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=37658
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=37071

It doesn't have to do with the "maxsend" command. If you start downloading, it means that you were allowed to download the wad. In some (or most) cases, you can't download big files (> 200kb): you start downloading, the download freezes at about 200kb and you get "server time out", and then you need to do it all over again.

I suggest go here, open server details, copy the file name, search and download, and try to join again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back