• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

2 minor questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
These have probaly been answered a million times, but I haven't had to much luck finding them.

1. I've been goofing around with a level I started while reading a tutorial.
Well, on this level I have a floating 3d block above a pool of water. I want to a sector border (the grass sticking up on the edge, but at most it only appears under water in the shape of my floating block. How do I get it on top of the floating block?

2. I've seen a lot about nodes, but nothing that says what they are. So, what are they and why would I need them?

Thanks in advanced for anyone willing to help me. :)

1) Change the texture offsets until the texture is high enough.

2) I still don't know what nodes do, but you should use Zennode to build them, because Wadauthor and Doombuilder suck at it. It doesn't do much for Software, but if you're playing in OpenGL, it will remove a bunch of stupid glitches. Usually (or always), the glitches are random triangles or walls missing that let sky poke through.

Also, if you're level gets to big and unorganized, then all of the sudden, it'll totally screw up Software as well. This will include walls on the floor, invisible walls, intangible walls and other such wall glitches.

Doombuilder has Zennode in the folder, just configure the options to build nodes using Zennode instead of the default nodesbuilder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back