Option to disable viewing avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
Heck, why not have such an option? Reasons why:

1. If we can disable seeing sigs as an option, why not have an option to disable seeing avatars?
2. I dunno, but such an option might be a slight help for dial-up users.
3. What if you think "*roll* whatever" at someone's avatar the first time, but they're an active user, and seeing it gets a bit annoying after a while?

Because avatars are there to actually be useful? I know for a fact that I've haven't had to look at the username above Mystic's avatar (among others) in a long, long time...

Bear in mind that some people change their avatars constantly. Of course, most people don't do that. I, for one, like my avatar too much to ever see myself replacing it.

I change my avatars kinda frequently, but it's usually just recycling avatars I've already used in the past. A lot of them are also just alternative pictures of my own character, so I think it's pretty easy to tell what's my post without looking at my nick.

Some idiots use avatars that rapidly flash various colors, which can cause dome people to have strokes. I'm behind this.

Sky Ninja said:
Some idiots use avatars that rapidly flash various colors, which can cause dome people to have strokes. I'm behind this.

Those avatars would most likely be removed. This whole idea is a waste of time really, avatars are a great way to quickly identify someone, signatures? Yeah, they're pointless in comparison, but avatars have their uses.

Even if someone changes their avatar often it's usually the same kind of thing anyway. Look at most of Nitro_The_Hedgehog's avatars.

Cue said:
Because avatars are there to actually be useful? I know for a fact that I've haven't had to look at the username above Mystic's avatar (among others) in a long, long time...

I agree. It usually helps you to know who's post it belongs to.

Speaking of which, I hope nobody starts to mistake me for SSNTails now I've changed my avatar to this Mecha Knux pic of mine. D=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back