Sb&hj 2.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechFox97

Will somebody be able to port over the Sweet Bro & Hella Jeff? The original file doesn't work well and I really want to play, what I think the craziest mod I've ever seen, with it's full look. I was able to change gametype values but that was all I could do.

Oh man, there's something about this in my IRC logs!

Apr 07 [[22:08:11]] <SonicX8000> You going to port srb2sbahj to 2.1?
Apr 07 [[22:08:26]] <@Boinciel> no I'm going to let someone else pick up the torch
Apr 07 [[22:08:34]] <@Boinciel> someone with a bigger vision than me
Apr 07 [[22:08:46]] <@Boinciel> THIS IS A CALL TO ARMS!
Apr 07 [[22:09:07]] <@Boinciel> He who can port SRB2SBAHJ to 2.1 and improve upon it will be declared king of the ring

I myself can't wait for SBaHJ in 2.1, all the new wild stuff that could happen thanks to 2.1's new features.

But eh, it'll come when it comes. No need to rush the port.

Why on earth would you want that ported to 2.1? It's an eyesore on top of a poor joke with no actual gameplay, literally everything a player shouldn't want in a mod.

Why on earth would you want that ported to 2.1? It's an eyesore on top of a poor joke with no actual gameplay, literally everything a player shouldn't want in a mod.
Someone here has no appreciation for the reference. Or the awesomeness.

...That's the whole point. :P
That justifies nothing.

Also,
Like Shadow Hog said, it will be a little while before Boinciel or another person could port it.
Is there really a need to regurgitate what somebody else just said? It doesn't add anything to the conversation.

I've never played this wad before but I looked it up and it was an absolute eyesore. Perhaps I'm missing something, but it really doesn't look fun beyond what is probably just funny the first few minutes you play it.

The one trying to be funny by using tits for an avatar calls sweet bro and hella jeff a poor joke? Get outta here!

In all seriousness, one could make a case for Sweet bro and Hella Jeff being a great joke. It uses exaggerative language and intentionally horrible paneling to bring satirical humor to the foolish antics of a bunch of loser stoner teens.

Last edited:
As far as I know, this was an April Fools' Joke. Why on Earth should it be ported as a serious mod?

It wasn't an April Fools' joke, it was a cacophony of random levels made by several people that couldn't possibly have been allowed on the forums on any other day than April Fools'. Several dozen versions existed and were distributed around prior to the topic being made.

I still think it was a pretty good wad and Boinciel did a good job, but it's not an absolute necessity to have a constantly updated version around all the time. Down the line we'll just dig it up if we feel like playing it again, just like we did with Penopat's 1.09 wads.

There's still some content from SRB2SBAHJ that I think would be worth pushing on to 2.1. I still want to finish that one level that was supposed to be a tribute to Penopat's levels, Garanz Site 16. It wasn't included in the MB release because it wasn't complete enough to release, and its concept kind of got usurped by Neo's contribution, I HATE COSMO. It might be a good plan to combine the best of the best of SRB2SBAHJ with Sonic's Schoolhouse and Arpifact Zone Zone e Zone someday.

srb20543.png

It might be a good plan to combine the best of the best of SRB2SBAHJ with Sonic's Schoolhouse and Arpifact Zone Zone e Zone someday.
Good! You can start by deleting my level. (I might make an actual decent one if you're so inclined.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back