• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 - 60fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shardvexz

Cosmophile on IRC/Discord
This is not a project I'm working on, just a small modification I made, and I thought I'd share it for anyone who is interested.

I modified SRB2 to run at 60fps. (Normally runs at 35fps)

EDIT: Not wishing to violate the terms of the GPL license which SRB2 is released under, I have removed the download. I did not realize that the GPL license says that I am supposed to release the source code along with the executable. I will be putting the download back up with the source just as soon as I fix a serious bug in the code.

Last edited:
While it makes transitions and menu movement smoother (but faster as a side effect) and make camera movements smooth (specially in first person), the fact that the gameplay is still based on 35FPS makes it seem like you're watching an episode of Far Lands or Bust, everything feels jittery.

EDIT: oh my god it gets even worse underwater

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back