Post your pics/art here!

Well... I guess it might be time for a change of fate for me to post something here... 3-dimensional art is allowed, right?

tumblr_njdbcyTj1d1rc4xpjo1_r1_500.png

And on DeviantART (full-res) and Tumblr (not-so-full-res)

jg30a1.png

If England has something amazing, it's these amazing little blue birds. A species which I have high expertise knowledge on; the Common Kingfisher (Alcedo atthis)

I didn't know you were pretty multi-talented, Ultimate. O: I'm the exact opposite over here. I've always wanted to play with music as much as art, and chose to spend more time with art. I still keep Aria Maestosa handy for whenever I get an urge either way.

Also :

I think I really love Freedom Planet. =P *bricked*

Oh.
MY GOD.

That is incredible. How even-WOW.
I love Freedom Planet, and seeing that is just amazing. Good job. Just-Just seriously, good job.

Now you can probably see why I don't have time for character skins for SRB2 anymore! The composition here still makes me mad, because I can't figure out what to "fill" the upper corners with, but it was good enough for Strife himself to want to share it on his Twitter, so I'm happy.

There's a little more Freedom Planet fan art where that came from too, although I'll link them here to avoid spamming the thread with loads of large images. Everyone else's art here needs a chance to shine too.

So uh, I wanted to get into coloring stuff, without resorting to SAI, as SAI, while GREAT for simple painting, falls a little short when it comes to easy shading for idiots like me(lack of burn/dodge etc.).

Does anyone know an alternative to Photoshop for this? I say alternative to Photoshop because PS CS5 has been absolutely DESTROYING my memory when I opened up a big picture with many layers, and it was downright inoperable.

Meanwhile have some doodles I did today.
tumblr_nke49fzrEA1skfkgpo1_1280.jpg

So uh, I wanted to get into coloring stuff, without resorting to SAI, as SAI, while GREAT for simple painting, falls a little short when it comes to easy shading for idiots like me(lack of burn/dodge etc.).

Does anyone know an alternative to Photoshop for this? I say alternative to Photoshop because PS CS5 has been absolutely DESTROYING my memory when I opened up a big picture with many layers, and it was downright inoperable.

If you need an alternative to PS : https://krita.org/ (Enough said.)

There's a reason SAI lacks those tools. Dodge/Burn are essentially glorified black/white coloring tools. They're a waste of space. While it's useful for editing photography, dodge and burn techniques are not suitable for coloring illustrations. Neither is directly shading your art with black and white.

It's bad for physical prints, as well as properly controlling the vividness of your colors. I have two examples here for you to compare from my personal gallery, so you can see for yourself.

This was mostly soft shaded with black and white, with some manually selected colors for cells. The result looks okay, but for the most part, rather bland. This entire drawing looks atrociously washed out on a physical print.

An older work I shaded completely with manually selected cell colors, as well as soft shaded with Linear Dodge and colors to appear white. (Try using the color dropper anywhere on this, you'll only find pure white used on Shantae's eyes.)

Everyone I've shown my gallery always say how "colorful" my works usually are, and they were amazed I used GIMP for a good deal of my older illustrations. The reason why is that I never use Dodge/Burn. You can see this very plainly in my Freedom Planet drawing above too.

Once you've trained your eyes, and studied enough about color theory, it's second nature and not that difficult to pull off. You can take my word for that since I'm a dummy when it comes to learning new things.

Pretty sure this thread is for things you draw, instead of wallpapers you compiled with stuff you didn't make yourself. (Also, pixel art looks better upscaled when you're not using filters to do that. Turn filters off first.)

As for my stuff recently, drew Lilac as Mayor of Shang Mu, for reasons. Did it real quick, so the pose is kinda boring.

lilac_for_mayor_by_mr_glaceon-d8k1bxw.png

GnO8YCm.gif

Thing for a game, hopefully I'll be able to prepare a demo before the end of the month.

I always love your fluid animations and color choices, MotorRoach, and the hair movement is a nice touch. Good luck with the game project!

Preparing to reboot an old project, so I'm trying to doodle Classic Sonic as much as I can.

The scale on the legs, arms, shoes and gloves aren't great, but whatever.

KmXmPeDl.png

EDIT:

GnO8YCm.gif

Thing for a game, hopefully I'll be able to prepare a demo before the end of the month.

hype

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back