• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My Very Own Map!! (Not very good just yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxBoy8

Miles Tails Prower
Hey guys I finally got a wad! A map made in the new ZoneBuilder made by Mascara Snake.

I have some screenshots!

Attachments

• srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 652
  • srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 541
You can press F8 to take a screenshot without needing to use a console command. This makes it easier for people to see what's going on in your screenshots.

Yah, I know. I was just too happy that I finally got a proper map (with my own work) that I wasn't thinking about that.

New Map Screenshots!

Here are some more screenshots for the map.
I have decided to name the map "Green Kingdom".

Attachments

• srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 459
  • srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 440
  • srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 466
Yeah... I've made (but not really made them) maps before.... But... not really. The maps I've "made" before were stolen from other people.
But thanks to Mascara Snake for making a much simpler (I feel it's simpler) version of Doom Builder, I managed to make a map WIP.

Last edited:
I'm glad this is still possible. Don't let ANYONE tell you this isn't a remarkable map, because they're wrong.

Watching other countries plight; Woah oh

I'm glad this is still possible. Don't let ANYONE tell you this isn't a remarkable map, because they're wrong.
you should probably wait to say that when there's actual content to it.
right now this just looks like him messing around in the editor and not a serious project.

with that said, good luck.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend reading the Level Design Tutorial on the SRB2 Wiki. It's quite helpful!

There's not really enough content here for me to give detailed feedback, but it's nice to see more people attempting to make maps for the game.

Kind of basic, but looks okay. There's not quite enough content ready to be showcased yet, but I suppose it's a okay start. Keep up the good work, I guess.

There will be more content and stuff soon, but I'm focusing more on getting the actual map finished and then I will do the misc stuff, like more object placement and others.
This was actually me messing around in the editor, but now I've decided to make it a project.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Kind of basic, but looks okay. There's not quite enough content ready to be showcased yet, but I suppose it's a okay start. Keep up the good work, I guess.
Thanks, man! Well, I can tell you that it's definitely not ready to be put into submissions. I just need to keep trying and making it as polished as possible for submitting it.
All the content will be in the stage, so that's something for you and the rest of the message board to look forward to.

You've learned how to draw linedefs , congratulations ? ... Sorry for telling that your map is not ready to be showcased yet .

You need to add more decorations to your map and try to create some Nice gimmicks, traps, And maybe create some 3D Floors when needed ?

Just look to history; society in moral decay

This was actually me messing around in the editor, but now I've decided to make it a project.
Do you have a clear idea of what you want to do and how the map will flow? You don't absolutely need to plan everything out but needless to say it will be much better if you do.

Do you have a clear idea of what you want to do and how the map will flow? You don't absolutely need to plan everything out but needless to say it will be much better if you do.

Meh.... Just trying to make it good enough for releases.

Yeah... I suggest taking your time and reading the wiki article. Good levels do take time.

Yeah. I understand that. It will take a lot of time as it is my first map for srb2.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

If you haven't done so already, I recommend reading the Level Design Tutorial on the SRB2 Wiki. It's quite helpful!

There's not really enough content here for me to give detailed feedback, but it's nice to see more people attempting to make maps for the game.

Ok, I've read a bit of the level design tutorial. I am now gonna restart the stage project, but I'm gonna plan it, just as I read in the tutorial.

More screenshots!

Ok, so I have restarted the project to make it look more like a kingdom, other than just having green all over the map. Excuse there being 11 screenshots, the map is kinda big.

Attachments

• srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 403
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    181 KB · Views: 360
  • srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    193 KB · Views: 351
  • srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    162.4 KB · Views: 357
  • srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 329
  • srb20007.png
    srb20007.png
    220.5 KB · Views: 308
  • srb20006.png
    srb20006.png
    226.6 KB · Views: 336
  • srb20008.png
    srb20008.png
    196.9 KB · Views: 332
  • srb20009.png
    srb20009.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 302
  • srb20010.png
    srb20010.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 323
  • srb20011.png
    srb20011.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 304
Beta preview!

Here is a preview for the map (this isn't the submission, it's just the little preview)

Attachments

• GreenKingdom The Preview.rar
    5.5 KB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back