bad cycle from lghtnng1 to lghtnng2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Metal

ZNemeald
P_iniPicAnims:bad cycle from lghtnng1 to lghtnng2

When I try to test my level , this message came up in a warning box and crash SRB2riders. What does this mean? Is it because I am using custom textures? I followed everything on the wiki.

By the way, Does the textures and map have to be in the same wad or separate?

Here is the wad with the textures. Did I do anything wrong?

I later merge the level and the textures wad together and test it in regular srb2. It worked but the textures look like this:

but on srb2builder:

Last edited:
Yes, that's because of your custom textures. Everything is supposed to be in one wad. I had the same problem and after deleting and adding custom textures again everything worked well.

Are you using the Riders PNAMES and TEXTURE2? You'll get that error if you use vanilla SRB2's.

And for SRB2DB, when you load your level, make sure to include the textures wad on the "Additional Textures and Flats from WAD file". And yes, save them as Doom Flats.

Thank you I save the flats as doom flats but now there is a new texture compliant called :
"R_LoadTextures: bad texture directory"

Are you using the Riders PNAMES and TEXTURE2? You'll get that error if you use vanilla SRB2's.

II got the PNAMES from http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=30915 and the wiki said that the TEXTURE1 has to start off blank. I don't think riders have any of them. Just a config for DoomBuilder.

..and saving as doom flat makes my textures look like
http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/ZNemerald/?action=view&current=asdfg.png
I put it in without the white part, is there a way to delete it

Last edited:
Your flat is too small, I believe you have to make it at least 64x64 pixels. Also, it looks like the flat was saved as JPG at one point. I don't think XWE can properly convert JPG to the format srb2 uses.

EDIT: Wait, are you trying to make custom textures for SRB2riders? If so, you need to get the PNAMES from the SRB2Riders IWAD (I wouldn't open it in XWE, so I would make a copy of the wad and open the copy in XWE so it doesn't corrupt the original).

Last edited:
Okay, with the help of google, I found that regular SRB2 IWAD is from SRB2.SRB but I don't think Riders don't have a srb file. I even re-download it and recheck it

You find the Riders PNAMES in "riders246.ridr" file.

And please correct me if I spelled the file name wrong.

You did spell it right but there is only sprites and images......unless I am supposed to load the whole thing and name it as PNAME

Are you sure you checked the entire thing? If it isn't, I'm not sure. I thought it was in there, but It's been awhile last time I checked.

And that file is supposed to be the Riders IWAD, you just don't use it with SRB2DB.

Yay, I go it to finally work on Original SRB2 and DoomBuilder by using SlumpEd but it still give the lghtnng1 to lghtnng2 on riders. Does the PNAMES really exist though?

Huh, I just checked it and it isn't there. I'll check the other files and I'll let you know where it is.

EDIT: The Riders PNAMES is in "riderslevels.ridr". And so is the Riders textures.

Last edited:
nevermind, I think it may just be Doombuilder but than it complained about missing patches. What did I do wrong? The PNAMES is corrupted isn't it. All level headers can be in the MAINCFG right because everything is now screwed up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back