SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

The_Makes V 1.1.1 Details »»
The_Makes V 1.1.1
Developer Last Online: Jan 2016

Version: SRB2 Rating: (9 votes - 2.22 average)
Released: 10-16-2012 Last Update: 06-14-2013 Installs: 3
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels Scripts

Hey guys. One year ago, I first posted this level pack on the MB. So I decided to release a one year anivasary version. Now I know this is not the best level pack, but it is really fun. Sure it has some glitches and stuff, but the updates attempt to fix that. Thank you all for your help into making this level pack. It means a lot to me if you comment and tell me what you think.

So, here it is. Version 1.1. A lot of new things have been updated. Each level got a make over making it a open and fun to explore. Refurbished with each level design and so on.

Also, for those Srb2 CB uses, I added,
*SKYBOXES*

Each level has a skybox. This will now prepare this pack for 2.1, as well as make it look nice in Srb2CB. You can still use regulare Srb2 with it, so do not worry.

The levels included here are listen here.
Spoiler:

Coop:
Green Grass zone
Frost Tech zone
Heaven Mountain zone
Mind Maze Zone
Water Labrinth zone
Emerald Cove zone 1

Match:
Luffy Hills zone
Road to nowhere zone
Slider Stadium

CTF:
Vegeta Castel
Nahuelception
Slider Stadium

Race:
Sega's Plaza
White walls zone

If you want a more in-dept look into the changes, here you go.

Spoiler:
Green Grass Zone 1
-Remake secret entrance
-Added and refurbished some sections
-finished ending
-added skybox

Green Grass zone 2
-made longer
-fix bugs
-give more of a visual lay out
-added skybox

Green Grass zone 3
-Added Skybox

Frost Tech zone 1
-Fixed start up
-Made more wide open spaces
-Gave a visual refurbismeant
-Made level longer
-Added Skybox

Frost Tech zone 3
-Made level darker
-Fixed a couple of bugs and glitches
-Added Skybox

Frost tech zone 3
-Made Darker

Heaven Mountain Zone 1
-Added Skybox

Heaven Mountain zone 2
-Refurbished details
-Made more wide open
-Fixed a bunch of bugs
-Added Skybox

Heaven Mountain zone 3
-Added Skybox

Mind maze zone 1
-Added clues
-added wide open spaces
-added a secret
-added skybox

Mindmaze zone 2
-Added detail

mindmaze zone 3

Water labrinth zone 1
-Added level

Toxic Labrinth zone 2
-Added level

Toxic labrinth zone 3
-Added level

Emerald Coast zone 1
-Fixed a couple of bugs

A note before you try this. Water Labrinth zone is incomplete. It does not feature all the things I would like it to. In the current state it is in, it is playable, but not very fun to play.

The Makes means a lot to me, and it would mean even more if you try it out. Comment please.

MediaFire Link. The Makes

4Sharerd Link: The Makes

Edit: A major bug was found. Looking into the codes, I saw a bunch of scripts that caused it. So now, here is a patch that fixes a crash in the WAD.

11/24/13
So I got feedback from people about me using 4sharerd. So I will put up a 4sharerd Mirror, as well as a mediafire mirror. I am also trying to split the file in two so it can be uploaded in here. Thanks for your support in my level pack.

12/17/13
I am still trying desperatly to split the file, but every time it ends up a mess. Don't worry though. Soon, I will have a perfect split seperating multiplayer levels with the single player levels. It will remain like that until I unvail my newest addition the The Makes. Won't tell you what it is though... :D

1/8/14
So... Things are going pretty well will the pack. No, I still have not uploaded the smaller mirror. WHICH is why I want to try EXTRA hard to make sure the links don't ever break, since that seems to be the major problem here. A lot of new things are in the next update, but I am no where near close. Water Labyrinth is getting a HUGE update which adds gimmicks and detail to the level. ALSO, Frost Tech Zone 1 got a refurbishment to make sure the first path is no longer hidden. ALSO, Heaven Mountain Zone 2's ending was judged harshly in being "Cheap" so I removed it and added a gimmick which fixes the problem. I also am planning on adding more multiplayer stages to the pack. So you can expect that. ALSO, I have a special surprise in the next update... Somthing SO secret, not one person knows of it. Not that you guys care anyway... BUT REALLY, it makes the level pack WAY better. So until then, see ya.

5/10/14
I extremely doubt ANYONE is going to read this... But I'm doing it for my own sake. Yes, this pack is still being made. It actually looks like a "real" level pack now. I know right... Hard to believe. Anyway, I'm almost done with Water Labrinth Zone. Once that happens, a 2.1 update WILL happen.

6/17/14
Yes, progress on this is still happening. The pack got a visual polish. Zones have been taken out, added in. A bunch of crazy stuff. Trust me, your going to like it.

11/11/14
Everything is complete execpt Water Labrinth zone. Im trying crazy to finish the final path. I was going to release the new version this month but eh... Ill wait a bit.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20001.png
Views:	569
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	3306   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20005.png
Views:	511
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	3307   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20004.png
Views:	409
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	3313   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.png
Views:	367
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	3314   Click image for larger version

Name:	Map01p.png
Views:	398
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	3315  

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot0011.jpg
Views:	2561
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	3439   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot0020.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	3440   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20040.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	3441   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20036.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	3442  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 10-31-2012   #22
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21kHzBANK21kHz View Post
I'll keep a lookout
Okay. I am planning on releasing it November 7. The anniversary of when I randomly found Srb2 sitting on my computer. Also, does anyone know how to update a post if I want to release new version?

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^
Old 10-31-2012   #23
Root
splat

Just click on Edit Addon on the right of the topic. Anyways, cool, ill be waiting for it!
Old 11-01-2012   #24
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Thanks, also, If I edit it on nov 7, will it show the updates the same day or Will I have to wait another day for it?

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^
Old 11-02-2012   #25
Root
splat

I dont know about that, sorry.
Old 11-05-2012   #26
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Its okay, I know already. It does update the same day. Expect to see some great stuff soon.

Spoiler:
Old 11-05-2012   #27
Root
splat

Ok. I'm going to get it when its out.
Old 11-07-2012   #28
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

It is out.

Spoiler:

Last edited by speed2411; 06-19-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 11-08-2012   #29
Root
splat

I played Heaven Mountain act 1, the start area looks so good, and open. I'll do a full review in a few hours.
Old 11-09-2012   #30
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Im thinking of renaming Heavan mountaine to Dreamscape zone. I don't know yet. What did you think about Paradise Speed and Frost tech zone 1

Spoiler:
Old 11-11-2012   #31
Ariel
Oh what the hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2411 View Post
Im thinking of renaming Heavan mountaine to Dreamscape zone. I don't know yet. What did you think about Paradise Speed and Frost tech zone 1
Dreamscape is weird name plus reminds me this annoying song.

And i think to Heavan Mountains Zone 1 doesn't match TUNES 9. AGZ1 would be much better.

EDIT: Paradise Speed? More like City Speed (and tunes 19 is much better in this level).

Well and my rating of Archives:

Water Labyrinth: 5/10
This level wasn't good. This level wasn't bad. Well, it was too hard.

Emerald Cove: 6/10
Not bad. But there are too many robots.

The Makes: 0/10
You get NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY, SIR!

Last edited by Ariel; 11-11-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: PSZ and rating Archives
Old 11-12-2012   #32
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

First of all, you have the wrong file... (HINT) 2nd of all, theese levels your talking about, are just samples. They might or might not be scraped. I like The makes. In the future, zone 1 will be expanded. zone 2 will be redone. Water labrinth will be changed to water labrinth.
Paradise Speed stays the same. Always.
Speaking of which, tunes 19 would work if the city was at night. Which you can change in sewers. Emerald Cove might be changed to a diffrent zone. If not, that level will be compltely redone. If Hmz1 has those tunes, then it will make it feel like it is high in mountaines, which is Hmz2. Hmz1 is the ground of the mountains. Thank you for your tips, (not really tips more like <I dont like this>) and if anyone else has somthing to just say out there, please do. One more thing, Water Labrinth zone 2 was originally started by srb2. Blue mountaine zone. 2nd scraped act of red volcano. I give credit to them.

Edit: Picture removed.

Spoiler:

Last edited by speed2411; 06-13-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2012   #33
Rob
Administrator

Ok, you need to clean this mess up.

#1) Absolutely, "Do Not Open.zip" needs to be killed. Like, now. If you want to make a supplementary release, fine and good. But make sure everyone knows what they are getting.
#2) No "hints" here in releases. If someone has a bad file, point him to where the right file is.
#3) Kill your samples. This is a place for releases, not beta content. Take that to Editing.
#4) Did you get permission to change or use BMZ? I highly suggest you go about doing so before editing it.
Old 11-12-2012   #34
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Sorry if I did not get permission. This is just to see if people are gonna like the zones. But you are a moderater. So I will ask you, can I use Bmz. Also, there is a lot of betas in the release section. I did not know I needed to release my level pack in editing. Do not open wad is a joke and will be removed soon. I just wanted people to see the new zones I am planning. Again, Im sorry if I did anything wrong. I am pretty new to Srb2 MB. However, I have been using it to download mods for some time now. For 5 years. I signed up not too long ago to release this.

Spoiler:

Last edited by speed2411; 11-12-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2013   #35
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

New Version is out.

Spoiler:
Old 03-01-2013   #36
wizeman
u have my permission to die

Oh gosh you have to fix this entire thing!
1) The first level is just GFZ with a different level header.
2) The 2nd level is WAY too dark. Do you really expect people to see this?
3) The detonator in the 3rd act looks terrible.
4) In FTZ you can easily get lost/stuck.
5) In FTZ there's a terrible transition from a big factory to a parking lot back to a factory.
Old 03-02-2013   #37
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

ya... Sorry for the First level. I am releasing a patch for it now. As for the second level, if you just increase the brightness of Srb2, you should be fine. As for the eggcapsul, that is currently being worked on, for some reason, it is merged in with another sector and is not letting me do anything with it. Probably in another patch, It might be there.

Spoiler:
Old 03-02-2013   #38
Charybdizs
Excelsior
Judge

You'll want to fix the brightness in the second level regardless, because it should be playable at default. No one should have to adjust their settings for it. At very least, if you really want it to be dark, put some light sources around. Torches, glowing crystals, cracks in the ceiling. Not only do they serve the purpose of revealing the way to go, they always look nice. It's up to you what source would be appropriate.
Old 03-03-2013   #39
Blazing Inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdizs View Post
You'll want to fix the brightness in the second level regardless, because it should be playable at default. No one should have to adjust their settings for it. At very least, if you really want it to be dark, put some light sources around. Torches, glowing crystals, cracks in the ceiling. Not only do they serve the purpose of revealing the way to go, they always look nice. It's up to you what source would be appropriate.
I agree. Correctly implementing a form of lighting would improve both user experience and the room's design in general.
<Vivid Sniper> oh snap
<~Nina> LOL
Old 03-04-2013   #40
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Okay, i understand, what do you guys think, should I release another small patch with light fixtures? Also, what rating would you give the entire level pack all together?

Spoiler:
Old 03-05-2013   #41
wizeman
u have my permission to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2411 View Post
Okay, i understand, what do you guys think, should I release another small patch with light fixtures? Also, what rating would you give the entire level pack all together?
I think you should just turn the entire levels lighting up. As for the rating I would have to give this a 2/5.