SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

The_Makes V 1.1.1 Details »»
The_Makes V 1.1.1
Developer Last Online: Jan 2016

Version: SRB2 Rating: (9 votes - 2.22 average)
Released: 10-16-2012 Last Update: 06-14-2013 Installs: 3
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels Scripts

Hey guys. One year ago, I first posted this level pack on the MB. So I decided to release a one year anivasary version. Now I know this is not the best level pack, but it is really fun. Sure it has some glitches and stuff, but the updates attempt to fix that. Thank you all for your help into making this level pack. It means a lot to me if you comment and tell me what you think.

So, here it is. Version 1.1. A lot of new things have been updated. Each level got a make over making it a open and fun to explore. Refurbished with each level design and so on.

Also, for those Srb2 CB uses, I added,
*SKYBOXES*

Each level has a skybox. This will now prepare this pack for 2.1, as well as make it look nice in Srb2CB. You can still use regulare Srb2 with it, so do not worry.

The levels included here are listen here.
Spoiler:

Coop:
Green Grass zone
Frost Tech zone
Heaven Mountain zone
Mind Maze Zone
Water Labrinth zone
Emerald Cove zone 1

Match:
Luffy Hills zone
Road to nowhere zone
Slider Stadium

CTF:
Vegeta Castel
Nahuelception
Slider Stadium

Race:
Sega's Plaza
White walls zone

If you want a more in-dept look into the changes, here you go.

Spoiler:
Green Grass Zone 1
-Remake secret entrance
-Added and refurbished some sections
-finished ending
-added skybox

Green Grass zone 2
-made longer
-fix bugs
-give more of a visual lay out
-added skybox

Green Grass zone 3
-Added Skybox

Frost Tech zone 1
-Fixed start up
-Made more wide open spaces
-Gave a visual refurbismeant
-Made level longer
-Added Skybox

Frost Tech zone 3
-Made level darker
-Fixed a couple of bugs and glitches
-Added Skybox

Frost tech zone 3
-Made Darker

Heaven Mountain Zone 1
-Added Skybox

Heaven Mountain zone 2
-Refurbished details
-Made more wide open
-Fixed a bunch of bugs
-Added Skybox

Heaven Mountain zone 3
-Added Skybox

Mind maze zone 1
-Added clues
-added wide open spaces
-added a secret
-added skybox

Mindmaze zone 2
-Added detail

mindmaze zone 3

Water labrinth zone 1
-Added level

Toxic Labrinth zone 2
-Added level

Toxic labrinth zone 3
-Added level

Emerald Coast zone 1
-Fixed a couple of bugs

A note before you try this. Water Labrinth zone is incomplete. It does not feature all the things I would like it to. In the current state it is in, it is playable, but not very fun to play.

The Makes means a lot to me, and it would mean even more if you try it out. Comment please.

MediaFire Link. The Makes

4Sharerd Link: The Makes

Edit: A major bug was found. Looking into the codes, I saw a bunch of scripts that caused it. So now, here is a patch that fixes a crash in the WAD.

11/24/13
So I got feedback from people about me using 4sharerd. So I will put up a 4sharerd Mirror, as well as a mediafire mirror. I am also trying to split the file in two so it can be uploaded in here. Thanks for your support in my level pack.

12/17/13
I am still trying desperatly to split the file, but every time it ends up a mess. Don't worry though. Soon, I will have a perfect split seperating multiplayer levels with the single player levels. It will remain like that until I unvail my newest addition the The Makes. Won't tell you what it is though... :D

1/8/14
So... Things are going pretty well will the pack. No, I still have not uploaded the smaller mirror. WHICH is why I want to try EXTRA hard to make sure the links don't ever break, since that seems to be the major problem here. A lot of new things are in the next update, but I am no where near close. Water Labyrinth is getting a HUGE update which adds gimmicks and detail to the level. ALSO, Frost Tech Zone 1 got a refurbishment to make sure the first path is no longer hidden. ALSO, Heaven Mountain Zone 2's ending was judged harshly in being "Cheap" so I removed it and added a gimmick which fixes the problem. I also am planning on adding more multiplayer stages to the pack. So you can expect that. ALSO, I have a special surprise in the next update... Somthing SO secret, not one person knows of it. Not that you guys care anyway... BUT REALLY, it makes the level pack WAY better. So until then, see ya.

5/10/14
I extremely doubt ANYONE is going to read this... But I'm doing it for my own sake. Yes, this pack is still being made. It actually looks like a "real" level pack now. I know right... Hard to believe. Anyway, I'm almost done with Water Labrinth Zone. Once that happens, a 2.1 update WILL happen.

6/17/14
Yes, progress on this is still happening. The pack got a visual polish. Zones have been taken out, added in. A bunch of crazy stuff. Trust me, your going to like it.

11/11/14
Everything is complete execpt Water Labrinth zone. Im trying crazy to finish the final path. I was going to release the new version this month but eh... Ill wait a bit.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20001.png
Views:	563
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	3306   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20005.png
Views:	507
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	3307   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20004.png
Views:	404
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	3313   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.png
Views:	362
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	3314   Click image for larger version

Name:	Map01p.png
Views:	393
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	3315  

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot0011.jpg
Views:	2535
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	3439   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot0020.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	3440   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20040.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	3441   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20036.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	3442  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 03-05-2013   #42
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Okay, thank you. I will think about releasing a patch or not. It's really up to you guys. Do you want a 0.9.2?

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^
Old 03-14-2013   #43
Shad.CM
Meow~♥

Sure, the more updates the better!
Old 03-18-2013   #44
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

I am going to start editing, and if I feel the Makes will do better with a new patch, I will release it.

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^
Old 06-14-2013   #45
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

The new version is out. :D

Spoiler:
Old 10-15-2013   #46
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

The new version is out. Version 1.1. Please comment and enjoy. :D

Spoiler:
Old 10-18-2013   #47
Sapheros
That guy that ports

I'd like to address a problem with slider stadium. Turns out that in SRB2CB if you try to select and access the stage the game crashes automatically. I'm not sure what's the cause but when it's accessed in 2.0.7, the stage is also missing a stage pic.
Old 10-20-2013   #48
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
I'd like to address a problem with slider stadium. Turns out that in SRB2CB if you try to select and access the stage the game crashes automatically. I'm not sure what's the cause but when it's accessed in 2.0.7, the stage is also missing a stage pic.
Huh? Thats strange. I'll look and see if I could fix the problem and release a patch. Thanks.

Spoiler:
Old 10-20-2013   #49
Larztard
Yeah...

Might I suggest using a different file sharing site like Mediafire or even the SRB2 Forums itself to distribute the .wad? 4Shared was reliable but now that you have to make an account and log in whenever you want to download a file, it's just inconvenience = for the people who don't have a 4Shared account just to make one in order to download just one file.
Old 10-20-2013   #50
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by larztard View Post
Might I suggest using a different file sharing site like Mediafire or even the SRB2 Forums itself to distribute the .wad? 4Shared was reliable but now that you have to make an account and log in whenever you want to download a file, it's just inconvenience = for the people who don't have a 4Shared account just to make one in order to download just one file.
The file is too big to put on the MB. I shall try mediafire so people don't have to make a account.

Spoiler:
Old 10-20-2013   #51
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

You NEED to upload it as an attachment. It's okay to have MediaFire as a mirror if you want, but our main goal with the new releases section is to prevent broken links in the future. If it's too big to fit in the limit, either upload each file separately or upload it as a split 7-Zip or RAR archive. If you need help doing that, ask and we can help you with that, but you must upload your file as an attachment as a requirement to stay in the releases section.
Old 10-20-2013   #52
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Okay then. I'll split the file in two and upload it today or tommorow.

Edit: Ya... I need help splitting it.

Spoiler:
Old 11-24-2013   #53
Rob
Administrator

Use 7-zip. Point it to the file that you're trying to split. Then file > Split File in the menu.
Old 11-24-2013   #54
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Thanks, I've been trying to manually split the file using Slade. Did not go too well...

EDIT: Ya... It's asking me to put the amount of bytes to split it in. It defaulted to "10M". (No Idea what that means) But when I clicked split, it told me, "Volume Size must be smaller then the original."

Any idea how to fix it?

Spoiler:

Last edited by speed2411; 11-24-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-26-2013   #55
Rob
Administrator

Volume size, IIRC, is just the size of the output files. Try dropping the volume size to 4 or 5 megabytes.