SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 02-08-2015   #421
Gemini the Roleplayer

Wow. I didn't see that cyan Sonic until now. THE HYPE IS UN-BEAR-ABLE!
(Don't get it? Go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbMTWbgNXdo because Completionist jokes.)

(Gemini the Roleplayer received an infraction for this post: Keep your posts related to the topic.)
Old 02-08-2015   #422
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini the Roleplayer View Post
THE HYPE IS UN-BEAR-ABLE!
Let me give you a little tip regarding humor.

When you make a joke, the joke itself generally has to have some relevance to the topic at hand. If you posted this in, say, a Smokey the Bear character editing topic, then it might actually be funny. Or, if this was a topic about the Completionist, which you are apparently quoting, this would make sense. If you were posting on a forum that was about bears, then same deal.

However, this is not the case here. There are no bears in this topic (or forum, even) and this topic is not about the Completionist, so your reasoning for including the pun does not make sense. It does not even qualify as a joke. At best, your post is a non sequitur. "BEAR!" may have been funny the first time you saw it, but without the proper context, this punchline loses impact. You're parroting a catchphrase you heard from somewhere else because it's funny to you, but this means nothing to us because there's no way to connect MotorRoach's Sonic wad to the Completionist or the concept of bears.

In the future, if you want to make a joke, you should consider what makes a joke funny. Because this is a topic about Sonic and Super/Hyper Sonic has been recently discussed here, maybe loop back to something about Hyper Sonic or Super Emeralds ("Someone must have injected this topic with Super Emeralds, because THE HYPE IS REAL!"), but anyway, try and think about why it's funny so you can learn to make your own jokes that other people will get.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #423
Gemini the Roleplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBW View Post
Let me give you a little tip regarding humor.

When you make a joke, the joke itself generally has to have some relevance to the topic at hand. If you posted this in, say, a Smokey the Bear character editing topic, then it might actually be funny. Or, if this was a topic about the Completionist, which you are apparently quoting, this would make sense. If you were posting on a forum that was about bears, then same deal.

However, this is not the case here. There are no bears in this topic (or forum, even) and this topic is not about the Completionist, so your reasoning for including the pun does not make sense. It does not even qualify as a joke. At best, your post is a non sequitur. "BEAR!" may have been funny the first time you saw it, but without the proper context, this punchline loses impact. You're parroting a catchphrase you heard from somewhere else because it's funny to you, but this means nothing to us because there's no way to connect MotorRoach's Sonic wad to the Completionist or the concept of bears.

In the future, if you want to make a joke, you should consider what makes a joke funny. Because this is a topic about Sonic and Super/Hyper Sonic has been recently discussed here, maybe loop back to something about Hyper Sonic or Super Emeralds ("Someone must have injected this topic with Super Emeralds, because THE HYPE IS REAL!"), but anyway, try and think about why it's funny so you can learn to make your own jokes that other people will get.
It's because I said the hype was "UN-BEAR-ABLE".
Old 02-08-2015   #424
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

I might scream.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #425
Gemini the Roleplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBW View Post
I might scream.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I make a joke about as unfunny as <insert unfunny thing to you here>?

(Gemini the Roleplayer received an infraction for this post: Act like a mature adult. Use some common sense when posting.)
Old 02-08-2015   #426
GuyWithThePie
Meowth That's Right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini the Roleplayer View Post
Oh, I'm sorry, did I make a joke about as unfunny as <insert unfunny thing to you here>?

No, it's because you completely missed the point of what he said.
GuyWithThePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #427
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

No joking in here, I'm being brutally serious to you here, Gemini the Roleplayer.

Please, stop trying so hard to be funny. CobaltBW already explained it why your cheap humor doesn't works, and all your "funny" posting does is make the whole thread go off-topic with such pointless posts. Try to stay in topic or just don't post at all, because nobody asked to see how funny you are.

Back on topic, I might post some more screenshots tomorrow or so!
Old 02-08-2015   #428
fickleheart
gender collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ''Lat'" View Post
I think that's pretty accruate.
More like

(fickleheart received a warning for this post: Keep your posts related to the topic.)
fickleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #429
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Guys, this is a topic for discussing the sprites that MotorRoach is making. If you're talking about something OTHER than his sprites, it doesn't belong in this thread. This includes trying to reprimand people who are breaking the rules. I know kids like that can be obnoxious, but remember that we will eventually get to handling the problem, so replying tends to just make the problem worse by derailing the topic even further. If you want it dealt with immediately, try bringing it up with an admin on IRC.

Last edited by Mystic; 02-08-2015 at 01:44 AM.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #430
Tokyo

To get a fresh start here, I hope the screenshots won't spoil too much. I'm slowly getting to the point that I want to experience Sonic from my perspective.

Last edited by Tokyo; 02-08-2015 at 02:20 AM.
Tokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #431
Virt
Trollerskates

Regardless of the other stuff in this thread, the sprites are turning out really nice. Your use of anti aliasing is truly stupefying.
Old 02-08-2015   #432
Sapheros
That guy that ports
Permanently Banned

I just wonder who will be the modeler to take care of this sexy hedgehog? *looks at Virt, Virtual and Jeck*
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #433
Arcade Gamer
Acts like a mature adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
I just wonder who will be the modeler to take care of this sexy hedgehog? *looks at Virt, Virtual and Jeck*
Jeck Jim's current models are based off of the remakes themselves.

Last edited by Arcade Gamer; 02-08-2015 at 04:57 AM.
Arcade Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #434
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
If the standard Sonic had our models, then the new one will do the same. After all, this is a sprite update, nothing will change between this Sonic and the old one, except the sprites, sure.

Last edited by VirtualBlitz546; 02-08-2015 at 05:26 AM.
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #435
Root
-

Default Suggestion

These sprites are REALLY good, but I have a problem with one of them.

Something looks...odd about the spikes to me. I think it's because the spikes look too close to each other (horizontally) making Sonic's head look squished.
Can you make his spikes stick out a bit more like this? I think it will make the sprite look better.
Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #436
Inazuma
likes to assault raccoons
Judge

That sprite is fine the way it is.
Inazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #437
Burning-Fox
Does not approve of rails.

From the angle that you look at it it does seem like the two spikes on the right are slightly compressed towards the middle, I dunno if that's a perspective thing that's intentional or if it's an issue with the sprite. Does look very nice, otherwise.
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I'm a thief.
Burning-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #438
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

@Root: Making his spines stick out like that would just make it inconsistent to the rest of the angles, not to mention I don't recall Sonic ever having his spines to stick out like that either.

@Burning-Fox: Yeah, it's a perspective thing. I think it was discussed in one of the pages of the thread, even.

I took a few more screenies for all of ya~

Old 02-08-2015   #439
Virt
Trollerskates

These sprites are almost looking too good compared to the level textures and enemy sprites, lol.
After this is released (whenever that may be) I might actually be interested in playing Sonic more, since I won't have to look at ugly/messy sprites anymore.
Old 02-08-2015   #440
"Lat'"
Stop it

Look closely in the second picture, there is a white Pixel on Sonic's middle spike. :P
"Lat'" is online now   Reply With Quote