WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, the mods usually assume that people can figure out why the topic was locked by themselves.

BlueZero4 said:
Well, much as I really would like the majority of posts to be actually relevant, this was probably the only way this would actually work.
As they say, desperate times call for desperate measures. But not that I agrre with that most of the time.....
Right. Mystic, why isn't small text disabled yet? :/

Having to quote you to read it is rather annoying. I like my text legible the first time around, thanks.

At least don't use the small text as much as you guys use it.
You just wasted a bunch of time reading this. Ha ha.

Woo, FB 4 ADMIN!

The rest is shit. Seriously, I think these forums have gotten TOO strict now. It's so freakin' ridiculous! DAMN IT, DAMN YOU! I think I'm going to to INSANE if I see banned users all the time!

What ever happened to "Hay, lets put a proper warning system in"?

When they're your boards that you have to maintain, then maybe you can say something. As for the rest of us, we can live with this. If people can't understand the simple rules put forward, they shouldn't be here. The boards are in no way overly strict.

Well, let's put it the blunt way, I'll Begin. I'm tired of the way the forums have been degenerating for months, and I've sat down and accepted it for too long. If a massive restructuring and banning volley is what it takes to get people to behave and read the rules, so be it.

Mystic said:
[*]The punishment structure has changed. No more of this warning structure. You break a rule, and you're out for three days. Again and it's a week. Again and it's permanent. I've had it with ineffectual warnings.
[*]A multitude of topics were locked. Should you come up with a reason to recreate them, you may, but they had better have something interesting that the original topic lacked.
[*]FoxBlitzz has been made an administrator. More are coming.
[/list]

To the the first point: does this mean you're pulling back the warnings you've given to the people that got some warnings before this event?

To the second point: You could have at least TRIED to look at some topics. Lots of them were unfairly locked. Was it done by some kinda automatic lock-system or what?

The the third point: I don't see why they should be a adminstrator. Admins should be seen as the gods of the board, and I'd rather not see more than 5.

1. I do believe so, because in the new Administrative Action Log, the warnings have all been cleared out. I could be wrong though.

2. If you have to lock fifty different topics, it's going to be a lot of work having to go in each one to check if it's breaking the rules or not. Such a feat cannot easily be done on forum software.

3. On phpBB, administrators are the only people that can ban users, assuming that there are no installed mods that otherwise give moderators that capability (which in this case there are none).

Haha, I'm getting memories of an event in Acmlm's Board from this announcement.

This should be interesting. Someone get the popcorn.

Blue Warrior said:
Haha, I'm getting memories of an event in Acmlm's Board from this announcement.

This should be interesting. Someone get the popcorn.

Mmm, you think some else big is also gonna happen?

EDIT: Some error message came up at the bottom of the page at the posted screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back