Fixed Instant Sync Failure and server freeze when you add the same mod twice through a .TXT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicmunk

Wew!๐ŸŠ๐“•๐ˆ๐“๐““ ๐“๐“—๐„ ๐“’๐“ž๐“œ๐“Ÿ๐“ค๐“๐„๐“ก ๐“ก๐“ž๐“ž๐“œ!๐Ÿ˜œ
1: Add a wad file
2: Make a server
3: Execute a TXT document that adds a lot of other mods with the wad you just added being added again
4: Get booted out of your server with a too many files added message
5: Execute the TXT document on the title screen again
6: Make the server again

And then this happens :/
Title_screen_in_a_server....png

Title_screen_in_a_server_2....png

Other attempts of reproduction of this Bug:
Other_2.png

Other_1.png

The .TXT file I used: (added getallemeralds.wad on step 1)
say /me adding extra mods...
wait 20
addfile 22sonicfixed.wad
addfile fancytvs.lua
addfile tails-lach.wad
addfile dofor.lua
addfile railblock+.wad
wait 20
addfile s2maniahud.wad
addfile getallemeralds.wad
addfile keepstuff.wad
addfile allsuper.wad
addfile fspindash.wad
addfile smrundust.wad
addfile lua_playershadows.wad
addfile circlingemeralds.wad
addfile 22textures-xtra.wad

Last edited by a moderator:
...Yeah I think I know what's going on here, the addfile command just straight up fails to consider already-loaded files (or even too many files!) in a netgame before sending the corresponding netcmd to everyone in the netgame (including the server themselves). Leading to the whole kicking the server from their own netgame shenangans.

The glitched message with just "u" and the net command warning on the following image also raises my suspicions that the above somehow messes up the netcmd buffer data or something (perhaps making old data stick around and carry over to when the server is restarted?), because that shouldn't happen otherwise.

In any case I'll probably sort out a fix tomorrow or something, if no one else beats me to this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back