SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 07-19-2015   #101
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

I thought that this couldn't get any better, but then the silliness made it perfect. For once I don't regret making those chuckling sprites.

Still, I hope you can make Knuckles actually jump on the button. Otherwise he'll be nothing more than a teleporting chuckling statue, or something among those lines.

Also, this is something pretty minor, but I can't help but wonder what you have in mind for when you play in that stage as Knuckles. Will the cutscene Chuckles get replaced with the creepy laughing Sonic or something?
Old 07-19-2015   #102
"Lat'"
Stop it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorRoach View Post
I thought that this couldn't get any better, but then the silliness made it perfect. For once I don't regret making those chuckling sprites.
I still don't know how has no one though of making something like that considering Knux had those sprites. B)
And there is still room for improvement, as you stated right below:

Quote:
Still, I hope you can make Knuckles actually jump on the button. Otherwise he'll be nothing more than a teleporting chuckling statue, or something among those lines.
For the momment, this is just two copypasted rooms with slight differences (hear by that, in one of them Knux is behind the button, and in the other, he's on it.) But, I think I can make Knuckles a pushable object that does a Bunny Hop on a button, acting like a Gargoyle on it. I'll try to post a gif of this today

Quote:
Also, this is something pretty minor, but I can't help but wonder what you have in mind for when you play in that stage as Knuckles. Will the cutscene Chuckles get replaced with the creepy laughing Sonic or something?
Knuckles will simply have his own path, as you probably saw at the begining of the video, there is a jump only Sonic / Tails can make, leaving Knux forced to go elsewhere, pretty much like Sonic 3 handled this.
But, I can also put a Funny meme Sonic instead of Knuckles.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015   #103
"Lat'"
Stop it

[youtube]rOi6xN_VukI[/youtube]

Voici, Monsieur MotorRoach.

Knuckles now jumps on the button, and the overall cutscene is better (Mostly because I added the sfx)
The teleport is a tad bit synched out again in the video, but it's fixed on the current build. Suggestions are welcome, once again.

...I also realize that I gotta speed things up a bit because the OLDC is in less than two weeks from now...
Old 07-19-2015   #104
Larztard

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
...I also realize that I gotta speed things up a bit because the OLDC is in less than two weeks from now...
The July/August submissions deadline is more than two weeks away unless if I'm missing something.
Old 07-19-2015   #105
Eyeshield
It's spreading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larztard View Post
The July/August submissions deadline is more than two weeks away unless if I'm missing something.
Considering the next OLDC is July/August, I believe the deadline should be on August 31st, that is to say in one month and two weeks.

Apart from that, Knuckles' spinning animation while he's jumping on that button feels a bit slow compared to what it's supposed to be, but eh, it's not really that important.
Old 07-21-2015   #106
"Lat'"
Stop it

Oh well then... No need to speed things up~

...Excepted for Sonic.

Old 07-21-2015   #107
Xkower8181
btw do not touch the sonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
Oh well then... No need to speed things up~

...Excepted for Sonic.

lol lat your second gif is the same thing just as link to gfycat....
Xkower8181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015   #108
"Lat'"
Stop it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkower8181 View Post
lol lat your second gif is the same thing just as link to gfycat....
...What do you even mean?
Old 07-21-2015   #109
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

The gif's working fine for me.

Also that's a pretty neat use of the water gimmick, looking forward to being positively terrified trying to escape!
Battlenet tag: Whackjood#2732 (Europe)
"The Creeps" (1941)
Whackjood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015   #110
"Lat'"
Stop it

One room.
No exit.
Sonic, Knuckles.

We all know what happens next.
Old 07-22-2015   #111
Jay
I'm lazy, let's face it

A boss fight?

Really looking forward to this map. I think cyan water with a strong colormap (to match the stuff on the ceiling on the left path of ERZ2) would fit better than white water, but I feel like I'm nitpicking.
acativision shoves out another yearly release for Cape CoD
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015   #112
"Lat'"
Stop it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
A boss fight?

Really looking forward to this map. I think cyan water with a strong colormap (to match the stuff on the ceiling on the left path of ERZ2) would fit better than white water, but I feel like I'm nitpicking.
Maybe, who knows?
I think the white water is fine, the map introduces it with a button so you're forced to see what it is anyway.

Now, I have some bad new, I'm going on vacation tomorrow.
(This is the part no one cares about.)
...And I don't know if I'll even have (public) wi-fi there, so there might be some lack of news for 2 weeks. I will still continue this silently, but much slower as I'm likely to be forced to get out to enjoy getting suburned at the beach. B)
Old 07-27-2015   #113
"Lat'"
Stop it

Hey, guess who found some public network with a 1 Byte/year upload speed!

There's much more than this, but I don't think spoiling it is a good idea.
Yep, I'm aware Knuckles doesn't really look like he wants to fight, but welp, I'm certainly not fucking up Motor's Knux with awful sprites edit of mine XP

And to awnser something... Yes, Knuckles does say "oh no" when he gets hit.
Old 07-27-2015   #114
StarmakerJasper
Hey, that's my pudding!

oh no

Knuckles totally needs a spintrail when charging a spindash and after releasing it, and I'm not sure how comfy I feel about him suddenly going into hurt frames after missing you with the spindash since they're also used for... when he gets hurt. The only thing I could think of to give the spindash a... less odd weak spot is to make him rebound off the wall into a vulnerable state if he misses you. Either way, still really cool so far!
StarmakerJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015   #115
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (=^・ω・^=)
Judge

Think he'd look more like he's trying to fight if he moved a bit after landing, rather than just standing there. Really cool though!
Old 07-27-2015   #116
Tokyo

Knuckles recovery is sorta quick after he done spindashing. You couldn't hit him the few times.

Last edited by Tokyo; 07-27-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Tokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015   #117
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

Also, he pretty much slides on the floor as if he was a solid object, rather than a character you are fighting against. This is mostly noticeable when he lands (which also applies for the button cutscene).
Old 07-28-2015   #118
"Lat'"
Stop it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehRealSalt View Post
Think he'd look more like he's trying to fight if he moved a bit after landing, rather than just standing there. Really cool though!
Quote:
Also, he pretty much slides on the floor as if he was a solid object, rather than a character you are fighting against. This is mostly noticeable when he lands (which also applies for the button cutscene).
Blame SOCs limitations... Which we won't have to take care of anymore!
All thanks go to Lua, Knuckles now looks way more natural (Even though there are some cases where he still slides on the floor after landing for uknown reasons?), and as Jasper suggested, Knuckles now bumps in the wall and takes Knockback from doing so, as shown in the gif below!

(I know right, Knuckles isn't properly facing the player, I gotta add some more A_FaceTarget here and here.)
Old 08-01-2015   #119
"Lat'"
Stop it

Good new, Flipgoop Station is "75%" done considering I have yet to make Knuckles' path, and everything that comes with it, without forgetting fixing some issues and improve the level visuals in general. (Yep, Sonic (and other characters that aren't Knuckles)'s path is done.)

...A good new never comes without its bad counterpart.

I don't know if this is srb2 MD or just a part of some update for my Sylveon wad. *shrugs*
Old 08-01-2015   #120
Inazuma
likes to assault raccoons
Judge

The one thing that I never really liked about your Sylveon was how stiff it looked. Like, it doesn't bounce or move when it... moves. It feels like as if you copy/pasted the standing frames for the entirety of the wad. If you ever plan on remaking Sylveon I suggest you try and give it some more movement when it, well, moves. lol.
Inazuma is offline   Reply With Quote