• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, how will it behave in multiplayer? I mean: If you are in the bad future and some other player destroys the robot teleporter in the past will it teleport the remaining players in the bad future right into the good future without the game freaking out? And will you be able to see the broken teleporter in the present/future like in the original? Talking about time travel in multiplayer: If it realy is possible to play this multiplayer, I would suggest to make each of those signs seperate for each player or make them re-useable after a certain time has passed.

The Robot Generators are visible in the Present / Bad future as well, and the apparence of those inactive ones changes once the generator in the past is destroyed. Also unlike the original Sonic CD, all enemies from all timelines are destroyed when the Generator is destroyed.
About Time Signs, nothing for multiplayer support has been made for the momment, but I do plan on making them re-usable after some time in multiplayer. About players in the Bad future when the generator is destroyed, nothing has been made yet, but they will be directly teleported to the Good Future when this happens.

I'm not completely sure about that but I think the teleporter remains destroyed after destroying it in the past and then dying and respawning. But yet again I don't know that exactly because it really never happened to me in all those playthroughs I made in Sonic CD. But if it is true this can be also implemented into the respawn code.
I can't really change this since SRB2 resets the mobj to what they were before when the level reloads in Single Player.

And yet another question:
Will there be a hologram of Metal Sonic torturing innocent animals that can be destroyed as well?
The problem with those is that they serve no other purposes than adding a few free animals, and I really don't feel like making sprites for this since the originals would clash badly with the in-game Metal Sonic And also because those sprites would be awfully ugly :S

I actually played Sonic CD on the Sonic Gems Collection on my PS2 again just to check for a few things. And here are some things that I kinda overlooked:

The first thing I noticed is, that the Life-icon changes to a "P" for past and "F" for future when being in the respective period. I think it would make problems in multiplayer if the entire life symbol would be changed. Instead I suggest to make some kind of a little badge on the players life-symbol so you can see wich player is in wich time period on the rankings list.
lpR7iDZ.png
i9gYyAg.png

IvyXsR0.png
YjFPyYr.png

lxN3vLP.png
iVnFEJT.png

Second: The teleporter remains destroyed after destroying it once.
I can't really change this since SRB2 resets the mobj to what they were before when the level reloads in Single Player.
But then how did the Mystic Temple work in the Mystic Realm mod? You could use a similar code for that because the Mystic Temple still keeps active after respawning.

Third: There are no Checkpoints in the past, good future and bad future. If you die there you will respawn at the beginning of the act in the time period you fainted.

The problem with those is that they serve no other purposes than adding a few free animals, and I really don't feel like making sprites for this since the originals would clash badly with the in-game Metal Sonic And also because those sprites would be awfully ugly :S
I believe they served a purpose in the Android and Steam remake not only for an achievement but also unlocking the best ending. Or at least they gave Metallic Madness Zone 3 a good future in those remakes iirc. But in the original game they really seved no purpose other than being decoration.

Mosaic... I think the mystic temples created an invisible custom exit around the actual exit... Secondly, there is no need for an achievement system for this mod, besides, it only works for one level so far, and you have over 100 emblems to collect anyway... Also, flickies have a certain amount of time before they despawn, making them utterly pointless...

Mosaic... I think the mystic temples created an invisible custom exit around the actual exit... Secondly, there is no need for an achievement system for this mod, besides, it only works for one level so far, and you have over 100 emblems to collect anyway... Also, flickies have a certain amount of time before they despawn, making them utterly pointless...

First: I barely know about those things as I never realy made such things.
Second: I never mentioned that this mod needs an achivement system but I thought it would be nice to have this as some kind of decoration and adding something to the Sonic CD feeling but I admit it is a pain in the butt to redraw these sprites in SRB2 style again. Well it was just a suggestion...

867542srb20178.png

Timeflower Zone, Bad future.

The first thing I noticed is, that the Life-icon changes to a "P" for past and "F" for future when being in the respective period. I think it would make problems in multiplayer if the entire life symbol would be changed. Instead I suggest to make some kind of a little badge on the players life-symbol so you can see wich player is in wich time period on the rankings list.
lpR7iDZ.png
i9gYyAg.png

IvyXsR0.png
YjFPyYr.png

lxN3vLP.png
iVnFEJT.png

Yeah, I noticed this too since I recently replayed the 2011 remake on my Phone. I originally intended to change the character name to "PAST" or "FUTURE" on the HUD (like I do with special stages and "CONTINUES"), but ended up taking your suggestion instead, as seen in the screenie above.

As for displaying each player's timeline on the scoreboard, I sadly can't because that b... beautiful game cannot read playerdata on that function for some reasons...?

Second: The teleporter remains destroyed after destroying it once.

But then how did the Mystic Temple work in the Mystic Realm mod? You could use a similar code for that because the Mystic Temple still keeps active after respawning.
Mystic Realm used executors and NORELOAD in the level header.

Third: There are no Checkpoints in the past, good future and bad future. If you die there you will respawn at the beginning of the act in the time period you fainted.
This still doesn't change the fact that SRB2 will make you respawn at the last hit starpost anyway.

I believe they served a purpose in the Android and Steam remake not only for an achievement but also unlocking the best ending. Or at least they gave Metallic Madness Zone 3 a good future in those remakes iirc. But in the original game they really seved no purpose other than being decoration.
They're kinda useless indeed.

Also, flickies have a certain amount of time before they despawn, making them utterly pointless...

Oh well, nothing's preventing me from doing custom animal objects with CD's sprites (because SRB2's are ew)

This still doesn't change the fact that SRB2 will make you respawn at the last hit starpost anyway.

This makes me wish the save location and angle of a player were editable by Lua. Then, we could make 'fake' Starposts that can be overridden when changing between time zones, so that the player is always spawned at the beginning of the act if in the wrong time zone. The reason there are no starposts in the other time zones, is so you can find the Robot Transporter, even if you missed it. But a good level designer would make levels reversible so you wouldn't need to... right..?

After asking Kitoko about NORELOAD, that's probably not going to work, because you have to reload the rings, too. The Robot Transporter will have to still remember it's broken despite a level reload, which may cause funky results, because then it'll destroy all the robots again and you'll get massive points (And lives)

Yeah, I noticed this too since I recently replayed the 2011 remake on my Phone. I originally intended to change the character name to "PAST" or "FUTURE" on the HUD (like I do with special stages and "CONTINUES"), but ended up taking your suggestion instead, as seen in the screenie above.

You probably don't even need to touch the character name at all. The Past or Future sign on the screen is all you need to tell they player they're in a different time zone. (But, in multiplayer, I guess this does make a difference.) Also, I'll give you extreme thumbs up for making a very appropriate Time Travel cutscene (Don't forget to pause the timer..!) http://puu.sh/khc2E/de3eea2680.avi
3cdbbb7648.gif

Oh well, nothing's preventing me from doing custom animal objects with CD's sprites (because SRB2's are ew)

If we REALLY want to get technical, each stage has a Metal Sonic hologram stomping an animal related to the zone you're in. If you destroy it, animals appear throughout the stage to herald their freedom (And your good heart) They give nothing to the score or benefit other than make you feel good inside.

Last edited:
This makes me wish the save location and angle of a player were editable by Lua.
player.starpostx
player.starposty
player.starpostz
player.starpostnum
player.starposttime
player.starpostangle

Position values need divided by FRACUNIT when you store them. Dunno about angle. Check the wiki.

And yet another question:
Will there be a hologram of Metal Sonic torturing innocent animals that can be destroyed as well?

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

[No animals were harmed during the making of this sprite]

In all seriousness I think this is the best sprite I made, What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I have no word for this, Deadpool, this is awesome :D

thanks for the starpost thingy, Red.

Also, I'll see what I can do for a time travel cutscene that is fast enough to not break the flow.

Blaze forced me to rewrite the whole thing because of the cutscene

AptRashBallpython.gif

I have a question; how well does traveling through time play with the thok? To be more specific; how well does it fare in comparison to running around to cause a break in the timeline? Most people are gonna thok anyway instead of run as Sonic so I think it's a valid question. Tails and Knuckles are excused from ability shenanigans because their abilities naturally slow them down and would force them to lose the sign anyway.

Also did you just run through two Crawlas and not take any damage...;

I have a question; how well does traveling through time play with the thok? To be more specific; how well does it fare in comparison to running around to cause a break in the timeline? Most people are gonna thok anyway instead of run as Sonic so I think it's a valid question. Tails and Knuckles are excused from ability shenanigans because their abilities naturally slow them down and would force them to lose the sign anyway.

Also did you just run through two Crawlas and not take any damage...;

The thok doesn't do anything in particular that could break the game, the game just checks if you can at least maintain your runspeed for 5 seconds before warping you.

Also yes, in Sonic CD, Sonic destroys badniks if he runs into them while running fast enough with the time sparkles thingy, so he does the same in SRB2DVD.

Last edited:
Aw, I was actually hoping for the BttF flash effect instead of the cutscene. Oh well, it still looks alright.

Also, just to note, it doesn't appear you get points from destroying badniks via time sparkles.

Last edited:
Aw, I was actually hoping for the BttF flash effect instead of the cutscene. Oh well, it still looks alright.

Also, just to note, it doesn't appear you get points from destroying badniks via time sparkles.

The screen DOES flash 3 times as a reference to this (along with sfx), but the gif doesn't add them for some reasons. Also neat remark, I'll get that fixed asap.

yay i have a yellow username!
...ok nobody cares

...You might care more about that, though~

I can imagine the mayhem in multiplayer already, but anywho, can't wait to play this and save time like Link did once! Yay...? *shot*

Good job Lat'
at 1:00: I like the re-implemented shortcut from 2.0.x that of course dates back to an older version of SRB2. I like that reference but I hope that the Player does not get stuck in the wall when traveling back to the future. (no pun intended)
Other than that I look forward for it's final release.

SRB2 is nice, in that case, and clips you to the floor instead of squashing you.
QuickRemoteAfricanharrierhawk.gif

EDIT: To those wondering cases where you teleport outside the map's bounds, you get send back to the last hit Time Signpost along with an error message in the console instead of dying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back