• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... I would like to help with the jump-and-get-hurt thing, but I'm not sure what causes one to deal damage instead of taking it... Maybe the player.pflags & PF_JUMPED thing, maybe something else. All I can suggest is try
Code:
if player.pflags&PF_JUMPED
player.pflags=$1-PF_JUMPED
end
somewhere in the script, but I won't guarantee it'll do the trick, and I'm also fairly certain it'll cause a few bugs, but hopefully I'm incorrect. And I don't know where you got "rosy.wad", so I can't check that.

I got the rosy.wad from the forums (https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=39117&page=2)

Now concerning your script that is what I tried before, but for some reasons the removal of the PF_JUMPED flags makes the player ALWAYS jump at the maximum height, even by pressing and releasing the jump button instantly.

I got the rosy.wad from the forums (https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=39117&page=2)

Now concerning your script that is what I tried before, but for some reasons the removal of the PF_JUMPED flags makes the player ALWAYS jump at the maximum height, even by pressing and releasing the jump button instantly.
Yeah, that "maximum height" stuff is what I meant by "probably buggy".

And that Wad is weird... Slade won't open it, and Notepad++ reads "ZWAD" as the first four bytes. I can see the ObjctCfg lump just fine in Notepad++, but the Lua_ script is gambled up, so I can only see a few bits and bobs of it. Opening up one of the Wad files I've made myself, the first four bytes are "PWAD". Certainly some type of compression, you are right about that. eXtendable Wad Editor won't open it, either. Even the Doom Wiki only mentions IWAD and PWAD for Wad file headers.

All I could suggest now is to... well, ask on the thread how they did the hurt-when-jump thing. It'd certainly be a better shot than to add TouchSpecial hooks for every single thing that should be able to hurt DumbPlaceHolder.

Yeah, that "maximum height" stuff is what I meant by "probably buggy".

And that Wad is weird... Slade won't open it, and Notepad++ reads "ZWAD" as the first four bytes. I can see the ObjctCfg lump just fine in Notepad++, but the Lua_ script is gambled up, so I can only see a few bits and bobs of it. Opening up one of the Wad files I've made myself, the first four bytes are "PWAD". Certainly some type of compression, you are right about that. eXtendable Wad Editor won't open it, either. Even the Doom Wiki only mentions IWAD and PWAD for Wad file headers.

All I could suggest now is to... well, ask on the thread how they did the hurt-when-jump thing. It'd certainly be a better shot than to add TouchSpecial hooks for every single thing that should be able to hurt DumbPlaceHolder.

SLumpEdit is able to open rosy.wad \_('3')_/

And I use Slade3, and haven't yet uninstalled eXtendable Wad Editor. Didn't want to download all Wad editors I knew of just to check this Wad. Why are we all stealing Lua from each other, anyway?

By my side I "steal" it because sometimes I just don't know how this even works, or sometimes just because I'm lazy to write the whole script myself.
Anyway, I'll download SLumpED, as Xkower said to check those LUA_ lumps.

EDIT: By the way...

Last edited:
Oh, and when your HP reaches 0, you turn super saiyan, right? Or do you just die? The latter would be boring. (Of course, everyone other than you would just die. You'd be the only to turn super saiyan with 0 health/hit points.)

The level seems nice and colourful so far. The leaves are a bit too neon or bright green for my taste, though, but that's probably just me.

Well, I played every Mystery Dungeon game, and I never turned super when my HP reached 0, I was often revived by one of those seeds I took to long to find in random dungeons, and this often happened during boss fights.
Boss... fight...
Boss... fight...
BOSS FIGHT?!

Yup. Before you ask, I did not make those sprites, Ors made them ages ago for New Horizons (For Heaven Ascend Zone 1), but I guess I can use this as placeholder for the moment. (There are a lot of placeholders in this mod...)

Welp yeah, physical attacks will deal more damages to you there, because you know, Sylveon's physical defence is bullshit, unlike special attacks that can be tanked easyly with only a few damages, even tough, the Guard should protect you from any attack as long as it comes from in front of you.

(Physical and special attacks can be identified easyly, in fact everything that is NOT the enemy itself is basically a special attack (Like its projectiles))

Now concerning Super or Not very effective moves, I'm not even sure of HOW I could get this work, but well it depends entierely of the enemy's HPs.
I did some changes in the Lua code that makes every hit YOU do (with the tackle for instance) deal 2 damages instead of one, because it's more risky than simply using a projectile attack (Yup I will add one, CUSTOM2 on ground.) (ikr it's almost like I swapped Sylveon's physical and special attacks stats there.)

Now I'm almost sure that with some Lua, enemies could be entierely invincible to some type of attacks, they could for instance only be beaten with a special or physical move.

Last edited:
I was originally supposed to make this cutscene "in level" but...
I was really lazy to make all this kind of shit, and I have to code the boss too, so it took me 5 minutes to throw THIS shit in :3

AgreeablePolishedCurassow.gif

This. Cutscene. Is. Just. Awful. And. I. Don't. Myself. Know. Why. it. stoles. apples. lol.
I promise you that I will not be that lazy next time.
Anyway you know Eggman needs weird things to take over the fucking world, why not apples? Also that robot is a perfect dick, Sylveon just asked for its boss name, and that's how it reacts! By laying it out!

brb coding the boss.

EDIT: Oh well the cutscene is not "that bad" looking, it actually looks like it's happening in a level, I think I'll keep it for the moment.

Last edited:
Well it is not THAT awful looking in OGL, at least the screenshot gets properly sized instead of having ugly software black borders.
Now concerning the boss, it is fully functional (almost)

It has the simple pattern of moving, shotting, and sometimes charging you in its Pinch phase. This boss is ridiculously easy, it has a 50% chance to fire apples instead of actual damaging projectiles, and sometimes does it in its pinch phase, you will never run out of hunger.

Here is a gif of how it currently looks in-game, it deals 2 damages if it hits you with its lasers, and 5 if it phycally hits you (By simply touching him, or by the charge.) (I was playing in firstperson because DB2 messed up with lowercase frames and "!" were appareing everywhere when I was jumping.)

ZigzagScornfulKatydid.gif

The only things left to do for the moment are...

To make the LightScreen spawn at the same angle than the Player's (Or removing rotations frames for just having a A0 one, but I think it will look weird in Multiplayer, considering other players are able to turn around your LightScreen.

Replace the old SRB2 sounds with PMD ones and add some. (The hardest part will be to find'em all!) and the musics by the way, no one wants GFZ2 playing during a boss battle I presume.

And finally, even if it will sure not be for tomorrow, replace all those ugly sprites ripped from Internet by new ones.

I'm still not sure, though... Is the cutscene in-level, or is it like the Sonic Robo Blast 2 intro and such (mostly static images)? If the latter, it'd look less horrible than I imagined in the first place.

Once again, reproduced a PMD mechanic,
The HP meter (and the Hunger one by the way) are flashing yellow if you are hungry, it flashes black if you are on low HP. (less than 1/3 of your current maxhp value.)
I also thought of playing the low HP sound from main Pokemon games, but I think it will be rather annoying to hear it every second, so this will not be a thing.

ClearCheeryBlobfish.gif

LikelyChiefAlaskanhusky.gif

Aside of the progress, I am unable to find decent quality sfx rips of one of the PMD game. I can find main sounds (Hint, Level Up...) but I can't find the ones I need:
The Sound that plays when you pick an item, the one that plays when you are Hungry and the one that plays if you get hurt

This looks very promising! I've always enjoyed Pokémon, and RPGs in general. Might I ask since this seems to be a mod like Great Divide, with custom characters to go with the level, will you allow a separate download for just the character? Also, a low HP/Hunger warning beep wouldn't annoy me that much, but since others might be, could you add a command to toggle it? And this last comment is me just wishing, but if someone could make a Zelda mod with this as a base, that would be very cool. (This could go with Mario Koopa Blast, so you could make way for Zelda Moblin Blast using this Pokémon Mystery Blast!)

Well uh, the custom character here is just a sprite rip animated within 2 frames.Now concerning a Zelda-like mod, it should be even easier to reproduce than Pokemon-esque mechanics. However I am not planning to do Zelda thingies.

About stats warning, only the Hunger will make a little noise -aside of console messages- to remember you that you should eat. The low HP indicatior is basically the HUD flashing black, I think this would be enough to make the player see it's in danger.

I understand. Besides, the HUD was always enough in Sonic, Pokémon and Zelda, and a noise just for Hunger would be about right. And the custom character just has two frames? Interesting. About Zelda, if I could find a decent WAD editor that would be easy to use and didn't break every three minutes, I'd do it myself, and here I just thought I'd throw some ideas out there. If someone else were interested in making a Zelda mod, that'd be cool, and I might help out in some way.

Last edited:
3stuupid5me, mate you did this relly bland, i h--ate you m8.

Is that the pic of your profile you got on the character?

(Liking the mechanics, but you screwed up with that first persen)

Last edited:
I'm playing in first person just to spare you guys the sprite errors DB2 makes by saving every lump in uppercase, unless you wanna see Sylveon turning into a Green Sonic and sometimes a monitor and a signpost.
Don't worry, you will play the released version in 3rd person.

BTW, speaking of a released version, there will probably be a multiplayer support;
Different versions of maps with more items to fit the fact there are more than a single player, the first level will however not be affected, because it already has hundreds of apples and tons of HP candies.

EDIT: By the way, I had to waste 5 minutes of my life doing this shit:

SANIC RUBU BLUST TOO (notso) MYSERI DUNGUN!
(Soz all the shading had to go away because I didn't remade them, and because SRB2's palette is a little too limited :/

brb workin on levels.

(For some reasons I still prefer this shitty one, rather than the regular SRB2 logo, idk, it looks way too old, and it will not fit Sonic's revamp in 2.2)

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Whew.

Last edited:
Let me correct myself...

Triple post, again?
Is this surprising from me?

Anyway, remember when I said level up won't be a thing? Then let me correct myself...

Yup, XP and Lv, I've just added them and they're not functional yet, but they do flash if you are Hungry or in Low HP, like "HP" and "Hunger" are doing.
Even tough, unlike what you MAY think, you are not going to level up every 3 enemies beaten, this will require you a lot of score (Score is XP btw), but the changes are gonna be neat. (+10~25 HPs, things that I might let you guys suggest, and of course new moves will be learnt. (This should be easy to do, I just shouldn't forget to print a message saying you got it in the console.))

There will -technically- not be a level limit, allowing you to have a crazy ammount of HPs, the only limit is gonna be the score required, which will be multiplied by 1.5 each time you level up. Anyway, don't except to even level up soon after starting the game.

Speaking of a crazy HP ammount, like the original PMD games, to avoid the bar taking the whole screen for itself, it will stop after 50 pixels, which means any HPs lost that is not under 50 will not change anything in the bar HUD. (I limit it to 50, even if original PMD games limited it to 112, it's just because it makes the HUD more clean.)

EDIT: Now they're functionnal, the only thing left to do is to display the XP and LEVEL values next to their respective HUD, but this is as easy as doing so for the HPs.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Damnit, and that's it, a functionnal level up system.

ImpoliteWatchfulDuckling.gif

(Also 4 posts, I am a genius.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back