• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lost Planet Blast (WIP).

Status
Not open for further replies.
So while incredibly bored and playing with my cat, I was trying to come up with an idea for a map to attempt making. I thought it would be pretty neat to try and make a Sonic version of Lost Planet 2's campaign. So I'm doing that. I'm currently only planning on building a few random missions from Lost Planet 2, with several noticeable differences to help make it work more with SRB2's gameplay, and also to accommodate my lack of any sort of map-making skill. Anyhow, I've already got a few working enemies set up, along with sprites for them. So this is basically just going to end up being a map pack with custom enemies, and a few slightly changed gameplay mechanics. Most noticeable being that you can't find any rings in these levels, and instead you have to defeat Akrid in order to make them drop puddles of T-ENG. The T-ENG puddles they drop basically just serve as Ring Boxes essentially, with small puddles being dropped by small enemies giving you a small amount of rings, while large puddles dropped by large enemies give you a large amount of rings. If I had any ability with Lua or whatever it is that would let me do that, I'd probably try setting up a health bar with a harmonizer system(a harmonizer basically meaning "Press this button to use up your T-ENG supply to regenerate health). So currently I have about 4 maps planned, three bosses,and about 20 enemies planned up, only about 10 of which I have the sprites for, and only about three are actually set up to fight, without the T-ENG puddle drops though.

So far I have the following done.

• Enbee Enemy:A large clawed bee creature that fires flaming stingers at the player, before charging them with it's claws.
  • Tarkaa Enemy:A small spider like creature that leaps onto it's target to bite.
  • Trilid Enemy:A very weak flying creature, that attacks the player in large swarms.
  • Genessa:A pod shaped creature that serves as a hive, will release swarms of either Enbee or Trilids to attack any players that threaten it.
  • Dongo:A beetle like creature that burrows tunnels underground. When they emerge they'll attack a player by charging at them, using their special rolling attack.
Things that are sprited but not set up to use.

• Turret Sensor:A robotic eye found in areas filled with turrets. It serves as an eye to target players, so destroying this renders any turrets in the area harmless.
  • Turret:A very sturdy robotic sentry, takes several hits to destroy.
  • GTF-13F:A robotic suit used to attack players. Destroying this ejects the pilot, who will then attack you with a normal weapon.
  • Data Post:Basically a replacement for the Star Post checkpoint, but this gives you free rings as a bonus.
Things I've barely started on.

• An actual map.

Attachments

• srb20015.png
    srb20015.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 344
  • srb20016.png
    srb20016.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 304
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 278
  • LOSTPLANET.zip
    69 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back