• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Some questions on creating MD2s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just discovered Misfit Model 3D, and I would like to try creating MD2s for SRB2CB with it. But how do I know:

• How to find out what animations are needed for an MD2 that replaces a certain sprite, and what they should be named?
  • How to know how to name the entry in md2.dat so that it replaces the sprite it's supposed to replace?

Try looking at some other md2 to get an idea of how its made hopefully that helps and try the wiki maybe they have something on md2...maybe.......
just make sure you dont copy their work at all ok.

Last edited:
For example, I tried making a ring monitor MD2, and I put it and its texture in the md2 directory. How do I name the entry in the md2.dat file so that it will be used instead of the sprite?

And how do I find this out for any sprite?

The syntax of an MD2 entry is
Code:
sprite_name model/texture_name scale   vertical_offset

example:
PLAY PLAY.MD2 3.0   0.0
Be sure to give the same name(sans extension) to both the texture and the MD2 file. Animation to spritesubnumber is handled with keyframes; each animation keyframe corresponds to a different spritesubnumber... can't remember if "A" is the first keyframe or the unanimated pose right now, though that would be easy enough to figure out.

The sprite name is the first 4 letters in the sprite's lumpname. You can see it quite easily both in srb2.srb and socedit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back