• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

NEW Blade(not a recolor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellHawkX

Hi there, I once was checking my folder and I found HORRIBLE sprite of my old Fan character
bladehs.png

As you see, this is no wonder but HORRIBLE, so lately I decided to change him ALOT and make him more original rather than red sonic with blue shoes, so I started working on his quill style, got some ideas from friend and made him original, Though the overused name still stays (I was thinking of naming him Krone but I'm not sure, if people will like that name then it will be his name)
So I trained spriting in 2D, after a while I got better with SRB2 style too here’s a little pic of training results
5nkm1f.png

1. Horrible recolor of sonic and not srb2 style
2. A Little better and original but still don't fit srb2
3. Now it's original and it fit srb2 in my opinion, but it's missing something
4. now that’s more like it!

This far I only have done 4 Frames And 1 Icon, I'm still working on more

Frames:
rr31n6.png

63zi20.png

mjs4t2.png

neapfl.png

2vluweb.png

The shading on this 4th one, kind of bugs me somehow...if anyone can make an example on the shading I should use on this frame, would be really nice

Other:
qqzu2t.png

Anyways I need some constructive critizm

Last edited:
Oh Sorry, didn’t saw the "Second" one, slipped trough my eyes I guess
Is this any better?

63zi20.png

That's good. I also just noticed that the hand nearest the viewer in the second sprite looks a little lopsided and a little short. make it a little taller (on the bottom) and move our right side of it to the left a bit.

I don't like the character select icon, because of the black outline, you should change that

I don't like the character select icon, because of the black outline, you should change that

Hmm you're right! There was something that kept bugging me about it, now I know what it was I'm gonna fix that right now

Ok fixed:
29408xw.png

And also I made new frame:
2unwsas.png

Last edited:
I really wonder how did this not come out yet- What's going to be his ability? Is it going to be some custom one or something? I really hope so, 'cause thoks and double jumps are starting to get on my nerves... >.<"

I really wonder how did this not come out yet- What's going to be his ability? Is it going to be some custom one or something? I really hope so, 'cause thoks and double jumps are starting to get on my nerves... >.<"

Right, me too, Thoks and double jumpes are boring, did you planned custom ability for him?

This is quite good :D Although you need to make the shoes and body look more detailed cause they sorta look like they're on the low, MS paint end. Head looks pretty good though.

This seems nice!
What bugs me is that it looks similar the blade character in super smash flash...

bladecape.png

No this is Blade. :(

Obviously a better spirited character then the topic one, probably more original too even though it's a shadow recolor (No offense :P). One things for sure, I REALLY dislike the your character kyuubi. The quills on the character are so abnormal and irritating to look at. It's like broken sticks painted red. THE SHADING IS HORRIBLE. Although I applaud that you tried to shade, the shading is...irritable. It looks like half of the sun is shining down on it and the other half is covered by ducks or something. Also, just because you "edited an edited sprite" does not mean it is "not a recolor".

Try putting those images into a .gif file and see if they correspond correctly...because in my view, it does not.

Other:
1z193wi.png
Or
29408xw.png
Frankly, I'd pick neither...but that's just my opinion.

bladecape.png

XD

{EzerArch|Away} Hi Old Blade
{Blade|Mapping} hi
{Blade|Mapping} old?
{EzerArch|Away} That's because there's a new one here: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=35565
{Blade|Mapping} ...
I think I should take the blame for it.

(hope Blade won't mind for me posting this here)

Anyway, Kyuu. I'm seeing you're making improvements on your character wad. Practice makes your way.

This seems nice!
What bugs me is that it looks similar the blade character in super smash flash...

What? That blade was red sonic with blue pants

Yes I might do socced ability

This is quite good :D Although you need to make the shoes and body look more detailed cause they sorta look like they're on the low, MS paint end. Head looks pretty good though.

I don't get what you mean

bladecape.png

Holy that's so epic! But I think that caped characters with swords...are overused

Obviously a better spirited character then the topic one, probably more original too even though it's a shadow recolor (No offense :P). One things for sure, I REALLY dislike the your character kyuubi. The quills on the character are so abnormal and irritating to look at. It's like broken sticks painted red. THE SHADING IS HORRIBLE. Although I applaud that you tried to shade, the shading is...irritable. It looks like half of the sun is shining down on it and the other half is covered by ducks or something. Also, just because you "edited an edited sprite" does not mean it is "not a recolor".

Try putting those images into a .gif file and see if they correspond correctly...because in my view, it does not

Frankly, I'd pick neither...but that's just my opinion.

I got everything except edited an edited sprite one, I just made this while looking at srb2's sonic, but any ideas on how should I fix it? "I dislike this and this is horrible" don't help me at all, but I am trying to fix the spikes, oh and also, where you don't like shading? On the head? Clothes? Or on everything

EDIT: about correspond thing, you were right, the third frame isn’t right, thanks without you I wouldn't realize that ^_^
EDIT 2: Fixed it
mjs4t2.png

XD

I think I should take the blame for it.

(hope Blade won't mind for me posting this here)

Anyway, Kyuu. I'm seeing you're making improvements on your character wad. Practice makes your way.

Yes you're right, this is actually my first time making an SRB2 Styled character, so it’s not good, but I'm still trying to make it better

Last edited:
To be honest i like the new frames and the new icon... I like the first one Needs some editing on the face though..

Well I made a new frame, only 1 frame left and Standing Rotations should be done

v5cy13.png

The shading on this one, kind of bugs me somehow...if anyone can make an example on the shading I should use on this frame, would be really nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back