The Humble Indie Bundle #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzzo

It's Mr. Computer!
Some of you may recall the Humble Indie Bundle by Wolfire Games. Well, they're at it again with a second bundle including five new games:

• Braid
  • Cortex Command
  • Machinarium
  • Osmos
  • Revenge of the Titans (brand new for Humble Bundle)

Why should you care?

• Cross-platform on Windows, OS X, Linux
  • Pay what you want (even a penny, but you should at least pay a dollar)
  • No DRM
  • No silly download restrictions - pause/resume downloads if you're on dial-up!
  • Pretty statistics!
  • If you'd like, some or all of the proceeds can go to Child's Play and/or the awesome Electronic Frontier Foundation.

Linux users take note: this is the first (and possibly last) chance you have to get the native Linux version of Braid!

The promotion is going on for about a week. Last time, they extended it for another week, but there's no telling if they'll do a time extension for this one! After the promotion is over, no more copies will be sold, but anyone who's purchased the games will be able to (re)download them at any time, and for any OS.

The link:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited:
If you are capable of and AREN'T participating in this, seriously, shame on you.

Last edited:
Once again, I already own two of these and probably will try to get it anyway. Since its not-DRM, I can give Braid and Machinarium to a family member, or all of them. As a matter of fact, I should probably give my HIGB Aquaria to my sister.

Also, multiple OS support is nice. I don't know if I'm going to be sticking with Windows forever so that's a great option.

Just bought the bundle, now I'm waiting for the email that includes download links.

Really want to support Cortex Command, that shit's hilarious.

I was going to post a huge rant where I said that I couldn't comprehend the economic sense behind this promotion, but then I remembered that these games can be copied electronically for next to nothing.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Braid, so I'll probably see what these other games have to offer.

My friend bought it for me.

Just a warning, there were many people downloading this offer. A lot of the servers stopped downloading my game for me.

If you are capable of and AREN'T participating in this, seriously, shame on you.
Maybe some people don't want to play these games...? >.>

Finally got it. Osmos was weird, and I was disappointed in the new Cortex Command patch that barely added anything. I'll try Machinarium later(I hate Braid btw).

(I hate Braid btw).
How can anyone hate Braid? D:

...actually, Braid was the only game I really cared much about from that set, and I already OWN it (twice over!), so I've been hesitant to buy into it - especially after nabbing Killing Floor and Just Cause 2 for about $16 earlier this week.

Osmos looks cool, though its not something I'd shell out a whole lot for. Machinarium is a rather interesting point-n-click. I don't know anything about Cortex Command or Revenge of the Titans though.

I'm hesitating because I also need to buy Minecraft, so I can't afford to spend very much on this. Last time I gave ten dollars, this time I might have to be a little more cheap. Although I'm sure every little bit helps, of course.

How can anyone hate Braid? D:

Honestly, I can see how it's not for everybody. That said, playing through it for the first time was one hell of an experience.

Anyway, I'm probably not buying this, and the last thing I'm going to do is feel guilty about it. I mean, barring Braid, I'm not interested in any of them. Being an indie dev is one thing, but that doesn't earn a sale by itself. Anyone who supports indie gaming for the sake of supporting indie gaming is a moron.

And on another cynical note, anybody notice how Notch paid $2000 for it? The dude's a fucking millionaire at this point, and the most he gives is $2000? Way to go out of your way to try to look like a good guy.

Osmos is pretty boring.. I guess if you have nothing else to do it's okay.

Revenge of the Titans is pretty cool. It's a tower defense game but with micromanaging added into it. You can also research different science areas to unlock more towers/structures. Though I wish it was easier to switch saves.

Cortex Command is unfinished and at the moment is a let down for many people - no online play sorta ruins that. Hopefully Data will make the game more fun.

There's a special promotion going on where if you pay more than the average (currently $7.50), you get all the games in the first Bundle as well:

• Aquaria
  • Gish
  • Lugaru
  • Penumbra: Overture
  • World of Goo
  • Samorost 2

If you've missed out on the first Bundle, you have a little less than three days to grab those games as well. People who already bought the second Bundle will get those games regardless of what they've paid (at least, IIRC).

And on another cynical note, anybody notice how Notch paid $2000 for it? The dude's a fucking millionaire at this point, and the most he gives is $2000? Way to go out of your way to try to look like a good guy.

$2000 is pretty generous if you ask me.

There's a special promotion going on where if you pay more than the average (currently $7.50), you get all the games in the first Bundle as well:

• Aquaria
  • Gish
  • Lugaru
  • Penumbra: Overture
  • World of Goo
  • Samorost 2

If you've missed out on the first Bundle, you have a little less than three days to grab those games as well. People who already bought the second Bundle will get those games regardless of what they've paid (at least, IIRC).

Yeah, spent a $1 buying HIB #2 and got #1 as well.

Also, Riot Games actually put money into this charity(1.5k) when they should have used it to add more employees... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back