• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Would the SRB2 .wad work on other doom clones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try to get SRB2 to run on the Palm Tungsten C that I just ordered (due to arrive here Thursday) and was wanting to get SRB2 on it. Is the SRB2 program just ZDoom or is the code different? ZDoom has been ported to the Palm, so it would be nice if SRB2's wad would run on it. Thanks!

SRB2 is based on Doom Legacy, so you would have to convert the file beforehand. If I recall correctly, Cinefast made such a converter for GZDoom, but it's far from functional.

You will have less problems if you port SRB2 to Palm (and that's also having lots of problems).

Because SRB2 is a modified version of DOOM. Not just the IWAD, also the EXE is modified.

No, SRB2 won't run on ZDoom, or even Doom Legacy. In theory, you can play Doom with srb2's maps. But you are going to experience misplaced objects (Doom objects, not even SRB2 objects), missing FOFs and other SRB2-specific things (exit sectors, ctf base sectors, and so on), perhaps texture problems, etc... There's no much fun in it.

That's true, but as I have seen, Palm is not on the "Impossible Ports" section. And its most similar architecture section (Windows Mobile) is empty, but this means that this port is "possible".

Last edited:
Yeah, probably wouldn't be worth the effort to port it. The thumbboard probably can only detect 1 keypress at a time anyway. At least I still have my laptop to play on! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back