echoshift (Upcoming Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eblo

After browsing demos in Playstation Store yesterday, I came across this innovative game known as echoshift. It seems to be from the creators of echochrome, as the artwork and certain obstacles are similar.

echoshift is a 2D puzzle game. Each level has a set amount of time. After the time ends, the level resets, but you leave a shadow of yourself behind. This is called a "Time Bounce." The shadow does what you did in the last time frame. This can happen a number of times, with each shadow doing what has been previously done. It is described as "self cooperation."

I don't want to go too much into detail, so here's a link to Playstation.Blog:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/introducing-echoshift-for-psp/

If you have a PSP, try downloading this game from Playstation Store to see how it works out. I know that I'm buying it when it comes out!

Echochrome came a month before Braid, and even so yes, they are the same. However braid is more on platforming, and chrome is more on puzzling you.

This practice of leaving behind and working with different versions of yourself via time paradox behind kinda reminds me of Prometheus to an extent, only much less varied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back