Sonic Classic Collection Hits the DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Blue Spheres?
The random special stage generator that got hundreds of countless boring hours gametime?

Ffffffff - No buy

No Blue Spheres?
The random special stage generator that got hundreds of countless boring hours gametime?

Ffffffff - No buy

Boring to YOU maybe, but if that was PORTABLE, it'd be a fantastic choice for quick on-the-go-gaming that I can easily get into and get out of playing. Blue Spheres was addicting to me, and if it was in a package I can take anywhere to burn a few minutes, It'd be sweet, and the only reason I'd buy it. Seriously.

Oh, and portable proof of Eggman's superiority over Super Sonic, but they took out debug, so...

EDIT: And that second line does not make a lot of grammatical sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgiE-hKuLb4&feature=player_embedded#

1:18 - Knuckles has seizure (Sprite issue)
5:08 - The game messes up Special Stages. Makes it unplayable
Spin Dash - Breaks your ears
Colors a little iffy in some places
Not all options are there. (Debug,level select, sound test) which was one of the better things owning a compilation then getting it off VC,XBL,PSN.
Framerate issues in areas
Ring loss will bloke the screen
You might go on another plane

Example.
Knuckles was going up a loop, he didn't make it and went down... but he apparently jumped on the ground where the loop completes.

The guy seems to have jumping issues...?

There's no way the game would play like that. This guy is playing on an Emulator, so it won't run perfectly.

Anyway, I might get this. Seeing how it has Sonic 2 and 3 on here. Those were my favorite Sonic games of all time.

It's not, I asked at Retro.

IMO, it may not be as good as the actual Nomad hardware, but it's still better than having Cell phone physics.

but it's still better than having Cell phone physics.

Why yes it is. The only problem I have is, why the hell is the psp still stuck with Sonic rivals. I wanted to buy Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing but now I got to buy it for the ps3. I wanted to buy Sega Superstars Tennis, gotta buy it for the ps3. And you the what else is wrong. I only found 1Super Monkey Ball game for the psp. I don't get why the Ds gets all the games but the PSP get only a handful. Everyone knows that the psp has more power than the ds, better graphics more buttons than the Ds. As you can see, whatever the Ds can do, the psp can do better.

For proof
Ds: a, b, x, y, l, r, d-pad & start
Psp: x, square, o, triangle, start, select, l, r, d-pad, analog stick.

Why yes it is. The only problem I have is, why the hell is the psp still stuck with Sonic rivals. I wanted to buy Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing but now I got to buy it for the ps3. I wanted to buy Sega Superstars Tennis, gotta buy it for the ps3. And you the what else is wrong. I only found 1Super Monkey Ball game for the psp. I don't get why the Ds gets all the games but the PSP get only a handful. Everyone knows that the psp has more power than the ds, better graphics more buttons than the Ds. As you can see, whatever the Ds can do, the psp can do better.

For proof
Ds: a, b, x, y, l, r, d-pad & start
Psp: x, square, o, triangle, start, select, l, r, d-pad, analog stick.

This just in! The amount of buttons on a gamepad is directly proportional to it's power! In this case, the PSP is more powerful than the DS so you lucked out.

As for why the PSP as less games out for it, I think that might be because the PSP has sold less than half the units than the DS, not all PSP owners game on it, and developers might want to shift towards the thing that will most likely be more lucrative.

Ds: a, b, x, y, l, r, d-pad & start, touch screen
Psp: x, square, o, triangle, start, select, l, r, d-pad, analog nub.

Fix'd

But really, the PSP is not that much better than the DS, and the touch screen can make for some great games alone. Why bring it up, even? The DS is the most used handheld console, and has the largest market. Why bother porting it to the PSP if so many others have a DS?

Oh wow... back in 08' or 07 (I forgot) Sonic the Hedgehog 1 from Sega Genesis came out for the Game Boy Advance. Anyways, this game could allow people that missed the classics finally play it on the DS.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Fix'd

But really, the PSP is not that much better than the DS, and the touch screen can make for some great games alone. Why bring it up, even? The DS is the most used handheld console, and has the largest market. Why bother porting it to the PSP if so many others have a DS?

Really? After I got my PSP, I stopped playing my DS (which eventually broke in half then got a DSi) for at least a year. Ahhh got to love Street Fighter, Dissida Final Fantasy... good graphics and HD.

I don't really like the way the controller set up is for the PSP... one analog? You got to be kidding me. PSP games are stored in UMD discs, which it is a hassle to carry around.

But.. back OT before I sprout a war.

Didn't the Sega company release a Classic Collection including Sonic? In my opinion, the PSP is better than the DS.

Really? After I got my PSP, I stopped playing my DS (which eventually broke in half then got a DSi) for at least a year. Ahhh got to love Street Fighter, Dissida Final Fantasy... good graphics and HD.

Don't play fighting games, and I really don't see much in the PSP's library I'd like, other than Disgaea.

You tried it?

Why would it be an emulator issue?

Emulators aren't perfectly like the consoles they are made from, so even on an emulator that seems perfect, there would still be problems, especially with newer systems.

I've played games on the original system, and then I would play it on an emulator and everything would go all screwy, so I have experienced things like this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back