mth_BlockFrame_Galaxy.wad (Match/Tag/H&S Map.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
This Map Gametypes are Match/Tag/H&S.

Takes place in a space area that seems to be in the works, going outside of the frame will result in dying.

There are gravity switches, which allow you to flip yourself, so basicly... your going to be all over the map, top and bottom.

Overhead Map. (The Red lines are NO CLIMB walls.)
vmq6af.png

In-game screenshots
1z4zdsn.png

-----
2lletzc.png

-----
5uiqet.png

-----
35cq5tx.png

(The arrow currents in this screen launch you to higher levels, without using any gravity flips.)

Main : http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/345mth_BlockFrame_Galaxy.wad
Mirror : http://www.sendspace.com/file/f0c6mt

Last edited:
This level is incredibly fun, especially with players flying around the entire place. However, it is greatly annoying for the gravity switches to be activated anywhere in the sector. I'd rather have it activate when you touch the floor.

Okay, this is ONE GIANT MESS of a stage you got here.

It's cramped, it's the same everywhere, you just RANDOMLY swap gravity for no reason, it's hideous, it replaces a pre-existing match map for NO REASON, and is almost impossible to play on. I don't even think this is fixable, honestly.

One minor gripe: the "h" in the filename actually stands for the currently broken emerald hunt mode.

Other than that, it seems to a symmetrical map.

Yawn.

I disagree with what DOOD said 100%

This wad was hard, but not impossible. It was also fun. That's how I like levels. As long as a level wad is hard and fun, does not have EXTREMELY cramped places, and has a good amount of rings, it's a good wad to me.

Okay, this is ONE GIANT MESS of a stage you got here.

It's cramped, it's the same everywhere, you just RANDOMLY swap gravity for no reason, it's hideous, it replaces a pre-existing match map for NO REASON, and is almost impossible to play on. I don't even think this is fixable, honestly.
You do realize that 90% of custom maps replace existing ones, right?

You do realize that 90% of custom maps replace existing ones, right?

No they don't. SP maps do, and for a good reason; the player can get to level 1 (via a new game, if they didn't get the level select yet) to get to the map.

But in MATCH, it just cripples the rotation, and there is NO reason not to have it as an ADDITIONAL map rather than a replacing one, and if you WANTED to make a pre-existing map go to a new one, you can just make copy MAINCFG entry for the map from srb2.srb, and change the next level to the new one. Plus, it replaces MEADOW MATCH of all levels. Smatch has been in the rotation since the BEGINNING (As in, BEFORE there was EVEN a rotation), and is the best example of a nice, yet SIMPLE map, which Block Frame Galaxy is the polar opposite of; horrible, and overly complicated looking.

me too, this seems niiiice.

Titan's right, this map is awesome. I LOOVE IT!

Last edited:
I agree with D00D64. It's cramped, ugly, and it's just the same area repeating. You can't tell where you are, really. Gravity switching is annoying and really doesn't work in most situations of Match.

does it matter?!

Actually, it does. A lot.
I don't get why you people think 7/10 means that the map is ok, it means above average, which considering the quality of most maps in this forum, is a breath of fresh air, a "rarity" if you must.
5/10 is OK.
This ends up creting misconceptions about which maps are good and which ones are bad. I don't say you should be Nazi perfect with your scoring, but at least make some sense. For reference about what to score maps, use the Richter Scale, since it applies pretty neatly into this.

Cool!I'm gonna download this and try it!

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

K!ool that wad was awesome!

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Kool i tried it lol how do u make great wads like that?

Actually, it does. A lot.
I don't get why you people think 7/10 means that the map is ok, it means above average, which considering the quality of most maps in this forum, is a breath of fresh air, a "rarity" if you must.
5/10 is OK.
This ends up creting misconceptions about which maps are good and which ones are bad. I don't say you should be Nazi perfect with your scoring, but at least make some sense. For reference about what to score maps, use the Richter Scale, since it applies pretty neatly into this.

People think that a 7/10 is only okay because that's how it is in their schools, 70% is a C which stands for "Average", or "Okay". A 50% in the same system is an F, which is "Bad" or "Very Below Average". We really need to get people away from that system, because it skews map results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back