Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnarkku

Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat
Hey remember this topic from 2006? It expired. Well, it's back on, so I would like to discuss about it and see if people still has the same wrong opinion about it.

As I said the game is really bad. It feels like an unpolished mess.

Unpolished being there are a multitude of glitches in the game, and a terrible framrate.

The mess being a list of things:

-Terrible collision detection
-Unresponsive controls
-Slow
-Messed up Physics
-Bad Story
-Poorly animated/written cutscenes
-Terrible voice acting
-Realistic approach didn't work at all.
-Ugly/generic Enemies
-Load Screens (both long, AND there's too many of them)
-Music is bland despite a few songs

......and the list could go on. But seriously, I can't see anything that would prevent this game from being bad. It's hatred is a little extreme from some people; but in the end, it's just a bad game.

Sonnarkku said:
wrong opinion

Well, it's been a nice five months back on the boards, but after this, and the advent of 2.0's release, I think it's the perfect time to leave. See you on IRC, I guess.

XAlted said:
As I said the game is really bad. It feels like an unpolished mess.

Unpolished being there are a multitude of glitches in the game, and a terrible framrate.

The mess being a list of things:

-Terrible collision detection
-Unresponsive controls
-Slow
-Messed up Physics
-Bad Story
-Poorly animated/written cutscenes
-Terrible voice acting
-Realistic approach didn't work at all.
-Ugly/generic Enemies
-Load Screens (both long, AND there's too many of them)
-Music is bland despite a few songs

I'm gonna make a response to that in the order you said:
-That's true, I can't deny it.
-Fake, controls work perfectly.(Except for hopping on vehicles)
-Buy the mach speed gem then.
-I guess that's true.
-I only disliked Sonic's story, but Shadow had the best and Silver's was entretaining.
-But not all of them.
-Does it really matter?
-Just needs better character design.
-What's so ugly about them?
-Well, yeah.
-No, music is okay, just needs to be louder.

Sonnarkku said:
...I would like to ... see if people still has the same wrong opinion about it.
Yes, I'd like to see if anyone here actually LIKES that abominable piece of tripe, too. Can you believe people actually would prefer to play that festering pile of fecal matter, instead of an actual good game? Yeah, me neither. People these days just have no taste, I swear.

Sonnarkku said:
I would like to discuss about it and see if people still has the same wrong opinion about it.

This sentence is so laughably stupid, it's, well...stupid. There's no such thing as a wrong opinion.

In any case, yeah, I hate this game, too, unlike BW and BP, though, I've had the misfortune of playing one or two levels from the game, and it just flat out sucks. I found nothing redeeming about it. The playability was ruined by an unforgivable amount of glitches, Sonic Team's patented "Crapworks Camera System" and horrible collision detection, the graphics were ruined by a shit framerate, and the rest of the game was ruined by stupid, badly done cutscenes with horrible animations and craptastic voice acting, loading screens that are so long you might as well go make yourself a sandwich while you wait (and they pop up quite often, too) and a story that's so pathetic and disturbing (hedgehog and human relationship? Didn't that creep anyone out?). I think it's pretty much the truth when I say that everything in this game that had the potential to be good or likable in any way was ruined by some major fuck up on the part of Sonic Team.

Oh, and I've had the misfortune of playing both Sonic and Shadow's campaigns up to Flame Core, and Silver's up to that Tropical Jungle thing, so no, you can't accuse me of bashing it before playing it. All the complaints about the game are entirely true, and far worse than the complaints made them sound.

About the only nice thing I can say about the game is that it LOOKED like it could have been a good game, if it had another year of development to work out all the bugs. Although we'd still have that SonicXElise romance that never should've happened (and, thanks to the convenient time warp at the end of the game, never did).

That time warp thing still amuses me. It's like the writers knew their script would ruin the Sonic franchise, so they tried to make it noncanon with some thrown-together resolution to the story.

If people just looked at Sonic '06 Without the "Omg it has glitches, lets hate it" and stuff, they would see an aweosme game.
Srsly, It wasnt THAT bad as people think,

"But it has Glitches, Lot of them!"
Every game has glitches ,besides, glitches make games Hilarious.

In My Opinion, Sonic '06 was an awesome game and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I particularly enjoyed it the first time. Granted, it was more of a "How bad could this REALLY be?" thing than a "Alright, this is gunna be AWESOME" thing.

Additionally, both Silver and Shadow can bypass the "We need both players to be here" doors in the coop.

Blue Warrior said:
But there's a difference between Princess Sally and Princess Elise.
So? the point is still there regardless of the Princess.
I may have implied, but it was you who specified.

You don't come back to a game 3 years later and think "Oh wow, this game is a lot better than I thought" when the game itself is the most abysmal piece of shat SEGA has ever put out to the moronic masses.

The amount of game-breaking glitches interfered with normal play of the game rather than exploitation of environmental design. Simply by playing the game normally you will run in to 90% of the horrible, throw-your-controller issues.

The plot was downright horribly executed, the inclusion of Shadow was merely for money, Silver should have remained a new IP with no correlation to Sonic at all (by character design) and to put it simply SEGA should have never published this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back