Most disappointed game this year.(2008-2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played (keyword there) with friends and online. It wasn't anything special. I find it's like TF2 and the players kill the game more than the game itself does. I'm not gonna argue about it cos the audience it targeted was the audience who liked it. I ended up giving my copy to my nephew. He's 9-years-old and loves it, if that gives any indication.

Edit: In its defence, Sub Space Emissary on co-op was fun... once. It's just a pain in the arse to do it ever again.

35 characters from many different games + gorgeous graphics and environments = Brawl. There is VERY LITTLE to hate about the game. True, the SSE was long, but it was a nice change.

Fyrus said:
35 characters from many different games + gorgeous graphics and environments = Brawl. There is VERY LITTLE to hate about the game. True, the SSE was long, but it was a nice change.
Where was the fun and game play in that equation?

Shane said:
Fyrus said:
Where was the fun and game play in that equation?

Oops. Seems I forgot rather important details. The gameplay was simple to learn and very fun.

Not so supervirus said:
I would say lego indiana jones was a bad game, its mainly a another lego star wars.

( P.S im back)

Might as well add in Lego Batman too. It was alright, but im tired of seeing the same level gameplay with the viehcles. It's very frustrating and pointless.

I would say Dot Hack G.U. Redemption. I was very disapointed with how they set this one up. They could of done a lot better with this.

First off, half of the main story focused more on the quest shop than the basic original area warping. The quest plots were very stale and obviously rushed . Some text during the final parts of the game were replaced (and im talking about the subtitles) with: "Man, whats up with that?!" Cyber connect's worst in awhile since the dialouge in Tales of the abyss. The avatar bosses, and the arena where the only parts in the game that gave it support, that and the sick boss fight with the azure knights.

The forest of pain was....a pain in the ass for repeitiveness. It wasn't a challenge, and guess this, you can skip it with a special item that makes you invisible to enemies (but not the bosses of course). Minus 2 points for laziness guys. Plus I felt the final avatar fight with Skeith's true form to be rather short. All these abilites on just Cubia's first fight, then ending it as Haseo? And the doubleganger fight. As if the Forest of pain was hard on the mind, this wasn't nessesary. just skip to the final battle with cubia and boom. The nightmare is over.

Rebirth & Reminesence were better.

Autosaver said:
Well...the graphics weren't that good.
Sonics model looked like.....a doll.

Take a look at Super Mario 64 DS,NOW THATS Ds graphics.
Heh... Really? The models looked fantastic if you ask me.

Just finished Dark Brotherhood. In no way, whatsoever, was this a dissapointment. It was an incredible game, and the ending has me hyped for the sequel.

Sonic Unleashed for PS2 was a rip-off. So I gave it to my little sister. I got the Sonic Unleashed 360 system. Much better with graphics and levels, but no style. It's not that very creative.

Brawl...I was incredibly disappointed with it after all the hype. It's still my most played Wii game at my house and at my friends houses, but it could have been so much more. My main concern is how badly they screwed up WiFi. I play online occasionally, but the control lag is just a pain in the ass as well as the terrible interface and limitations. No custom stages online, cannot spectate one of your friends matches, connection errors and a bunch of other things I would list but I don't want to rant. As for the other features, the so-called "Masterpieces" are nothing but a marketing ploy by Nintendo for increased Shop Channel sales. The Stage Builder is way too limited, and replays can't be saved over 3 minutes for a reason I don't even know. Ganondorf is STILL a clone, as well as a few other characters. Falco's Final Smash he says "Personally I prefer the air"...so why doesn't he have an Arwing? For what was supposed to be an omgepic game, there were a lot of things done wrong, and for all the delays and hype it certainly left a lot to be desired.

So I went on a bit there, but anyway, my main point is that Brawl is still my favorite Wii game, but it could have been much better. Almost everyone I know agrees that Melee was superior, and they're right. Comparing a game to the generation it was released for shows the difference dramatically. Melee was a launch title for the Gamecube, and it's still heavily played even today. Brawl on the other hand was released long after the Wii came out and it was worse than expected. Oh well, maybe next time...whenever Nintendo's new console is released.

Autosaver, Mario party cant touch This
and for those of us for some reason hate anime and cant wait for a few seconds here is some pics

b047.jpg

b007.jpg

b053.jpg

This video should also prove that the ds has the firepower that is on par or better on the N64.

but the most disappointing game I've played this year is elibits for the ds.(it isn't the awesome game shown above. the pics and video is for another game.) it was boring, it seems like a poorly dubbed anime. unlike most kid games this one seemed the most bland. even compared to the bad looney tunes games i would rather play them.

EDIT:Sorry! I linked the the wrong page. just click the "This" to see the video.

Anyone who liked The Legend of Spyro needs to play the original Spyro trilogy (Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage, and Year of the Dragon, but not necessarily the third). Anyways, I didn't like Jewel Quest III.

I LIKED ssbb, just the graphics were somewhat depressive, IMO, melee's graphics were better.

Speedylizzard14 said:
I LIKED ssbb, just the graphics were somewhat depressive, IMO, melee's graphics were better.

I remember looking at the graphics on the Dojo, and thinking how pretty they were. It's amazing how textures make them seem a lot better then they are. Too bad it didn't matter since they weren't that noticeable in the game.

Jurai_Madman said:
Anyone who liked The Legend of Spyro needs to play the original Spyro trilogy (Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage, and Year of the Dragon, but not necessarily the third).

Those three games are some of the best games I've ever played, even though 3 wasn't on par with the others it was still a pretty damn good game.
Really, people should play those three to get that image of Spyro, insted of his elijah wood infused new age look.

Most disapointing game of 08?

I'd say Sega SuperStars Tennis..

I rented it a while back from blockbuster, And there really wasn't anything to it, Its just, Regular tennis. Thats why Mario Power Tennis is worth the remaking for the Wii. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back