Most disappointed game this year.(2008-2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote goes for Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. Reason? It totally dumped the core game macanics of B-K, B-T, and B-K:GR. Also the more I play it, the more it dissapoints me. And I'm on my 3rd play through!

I was really disappointed with Sonic Chronicles, the graphics AND the music were inexcusably downright horrible. I felt like I was playing a leaked/unpolished beta rather than the complete product, and the sucky FPS made it feel even more so. The character models were hardly recognizable/poorly animated, and the music was substandard compared to most Sonic games. Even the GG titles had catchier tunes that!
The story completely failed to hold my interest, and the final ending expects far too much out of the average DS owner to unlock. (I just said screw this and gave my copy to a cousin! =P) It was actually embarrassing for me to be caught playing SC.
That was the most disappointing game of the year for me, I was expecting quite a lot out of it. 'Should have known better...

Sonic Unleashed..

*sigh*
Were-hog was a complete and utter failure, the level's were knockoffs an- Thats it, I'm not validating myself for you.

Sonic Chronicls, it feels like a fangame, I mean the character pics are from Sonic X, the small character pics are from Sonic advance, the only characters designed by Bioware look too weird and the fighting makes no sence:

When you miss an attack its because you got hit by an enemy while attacking and got reflected, but those flying bots are supoused to be ¨AGILE¨ wich has nothing to do with reflecting you or not and still you get reflected all of the time with those bots.

undefined said:
Except most of the fans say the 360 version is better. It's only the reviewers that say Wii is better.

360 has horrible sales compared to the Wii.
So Wii = More people so Wii version actually wins. =P

Also another game I was disappointed with was Mario Party DS- Well I Played it with a friend and its so boring,and a lot of things are useless.
And don't get me started with the graphics...:P

Autosaver said:
Also another game I was disappointed with was Mario Party DS- Well I Played it with a friend and its so boring,and a lot of things are useless.
And don't get me started with the graphics...:P

Mario Party always sucks.

Mario Party is made for multiplayer fun.
Sonic Chronicles sucked to much. It had ear bleeding music and ugly graphics and boring RPG gameplay. The production videos made the game look like it was epic.

Gaaaah, what is wrong with you people? I think that Sonic Chronicles was an awesome game! The musc wasn't that horrible and the graphics compared with most games is excellent. The sprites for the map is actually the characters pixel art shrunk down and given fewer shades of colour. The battle system is very strategic and the combo moves on the screen actually is really good. I even said to myself that ths was nearly as good as Pokemon. Although the playback ability of this game like every other DS game is horrible. You start from the beginning? Why can't they make other missions after you play the game once then roam around to finish everything you haven't finished. This game is excellent and there's nothing you can do to change my mind!

Although the game I thought was a downfall was Super Smash Bros. Brawl. No, no it's not what you think, I think it's such a good game I woud sell my soul to the devil for it. But we expected too much of it and it ended up being worse then what we thought it would become.

I have to agree with Violo on this one. What was wrong with Sonic Chronicles? I now own a copy myself, and for Sonic's first RPG this is pretty good. Not better than Unleashed, but definitely worth playing.

Besides, the game was solid enough as it was, they want to get little kids into RPing (with surprisingly tons of old school reference)? Well, they scored a homerun. It may be no Mass Effect, but it's certainly not the worst RPG ever. (Now if only the game's battles weren't turn based, but rather real time.....)

I will admit though, the game sucks in the music department. I mean, these tunes sound like they were ripped straight from an NES game. Just too primitive, (especially for the work of Bently Jones.)

I still don't see why you're complaining about the graphics though... For a DS game, it looks fantastic.

Eggman said:
When I was young and full of beans...
Most hilarious thing, EVER.

Well...the graphics weren't that good.
Sonics model looked like.....a doll.

Take a look at Super Mario 64 DS,NOW THATS Ds graphics.

I was sorely disappointed by The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. The first two games were okay, but the third was terrible.

Then again, it might be because I have the DS versions. I've heard good things about the Wii version.

fawfulfan said:
I was sorely disappointed by The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. The first two games were okay, but the third was terrible.

Then again, it might be because I have the DS versions. I've heard good things about the Wii version.

Dude...the PS version (and the wii) are way better than the crappy ones on the DS, but if thats the only game system/hand held you have then I mean no disrespect.

I didn't bother getting them for my play station cause I was more of a fan of the oldies (yea im old school and proud, deal with it XD lol). But the story was intersting yet confusing. If im correct, the first two games are placed BEFORE the original spyro until the reccent released one now.

fawfulfan said:

I've played Dawn of the Dragon and Eternal Night on the Wii. They are VERY good. Dawn of the Dragon got me hooked, although it was a copied version I have Eternal Night and I really underestimated it. They are very good games.

Sega Superstars Tennis

Tennis on the Wii was very popular in my house, we would spend hours in the table tennis mode on S&M Olympics, so I hoped that this would be a chance to have that tennis capability with crazy powerups and Sega characters. It would have been nice to play as some sega characters considering ever other party sports game that is any good is Mario.
Unfortunately, powers are pretty much limited to a super move and it is both too basic to have any depth in playability, and too realistic to have any craziness. The minigames (according to what I played on the DS rental) are slightly enjoyable, but the fact that you can't really aim the ball you hit back cripples it.

I was originally just going to wait for a price drop, but now I don't even think it is worth it with a Mario Powers port just around the corner.

EDIT: I was also somewhat disappointed in Sonic Chronicles. I was suspicious about it to begin with, but was willing to give it a chance if it turned out to be good. Unfortunately one of the problems with it is tedium, and since that is the chief reason why I haven't played an RPG since Pokemon, I'll pass until Bioware hopefully makes a more refined sequel.

Oddly enough, though I wavered a bit on some points (being sometimes discouraged and sometimes more open), my intuition served me pretty well with regards to both Sonic releases this year. So there really wasn't much disappointment in Sonic Chronicles or Unleashed. Both were what I expected them to be when I first heard about them.

TrueTenguMan said:
fawfulfan said:

Dude...the PS version (and the wii) are way better than the crappy ones on the DS, but if thats the only game system/hand held you have then I mean no disrespect.

I didn't bother getting them for my play station cause I was more of a fan of the oldies (yea im old school and proud, deal with it XD lol). But the story was intersting yet confusing. If im correct, the first two games are placed BEFORE the original spyro until the reccent released one now.

I have a Wii. It's just that I didn't have one when I got the first game, and I chose the DS versions for the sake of consistency. I realize now how stupid that was--in terms of the DS versions, the first game was pretty good, the second was slightly better, and the third was just awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back