The Mother 3 Fan Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRB2 Guy

hurr hurr
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this, as it's been causing at least a bit of buzz on some sites. Heck, even a few of the lower NOA employees said they wanted to play it a while ago.

Now that i'm done being foolish, let me explain what Mother 3 is.
<a name="info"></a>Basically, it's a sequel to a series (EarthBound in the U.S, Mother in Japan) that, along with the first out of the three games, never got translated and released in our shores. It's a RPG (which I normally refuse to play) that is different from most others (Set in modern day, hardly any Middle Age crap, a unique battle system, and a bit more). It has a unique sence of humor, and many people will say different things after the slightest of events.

I realize that i'm not the best at explaining things, so it might be better to get info from the translation site and the community of people who made the translation.

You can choose whether or not you want to check it out, but I highly suggest you do. If you don't, that's fine with me, I respect your opinion. You'll need to find the ROM and an Emulator, but it's worth it. If you want to check it out and download the patch and the patching program...

Welcome to the World of MOTHER 3

Edit: Almost forgot, there is some level 1 swearing, but I personally think that if you can't handle minor swears, I'm surprised you're even on the internet.

Looks awesome. I've never played Earthbound, but I've wanted to for quite sometime. I guess as long as the link goes to the translation only, it's fine, right? I'll play this later.

Trust me, it is quite awsome. Right now, i'm at the final "chapter" of the game (Chapter 8). EarthBound is also about as good as Mother 3, and just to let you know, it is safe, as it only has the patch and patching program.

I started playing this yesterday (thanks to SRB2Guy's help), Starmen.net did an REALLY really good job with the translation.
As for the game itself, it's awesome! it's the first RPG that ever made me care about using items a lot.
The plot is also pretty good so far, I'm still in Chapter 1, shortly after "someone" dies and Flint start searching for another "someone."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back