• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Radiant Way v. 0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chisuun said:
Sorry guys, apparently, I was unable to host on the Master Server. I'll try this next weekend, and try to actually get a working server this time. Though, judging from the amount of attention this mod has gained, no one really cares.

Don't let that get you down. There are some who do, so don't give up just because you have people ignoring you. My Tikal topic isn't flooded like one of Dr.P's shadow, or CZ64's SRB2 Riders, or even senku's topic, but I'm not stopping until it's finished.

Angelus_the_echidna said:
Don't let that get you down. There are some who do, so don't give up just because you have people ignoring you. My Tikal topic isn't flooded like one of Dr.P's shadow, or CZ64's SRB2 Riders, or even senku's topic, but I'm not stopping until it's finished.

That doesn't get me down, it's just something interesting to think about.

I got a lot of work done on the Adventure Field for Mount Dawn. However, I am still not releasing a public v. 0.2 until at least Zone 2 is complete and it's adventure field is mostly complete.

Apologies for the double post....

Anyway, I finally got off of my arse and got to work on Zone 2. I'll post screens tomorrow, as this post is my last action of the day.

Donovan the hedgehog said:
*remembers tomorrow is school* Nooo!!!

Was there any need to say that when you posted that, Donovan? All we're getting from you is that you didn't want to go to school, but that had nothing to do with the topic, since as far as I know you're not working on this level.

Maybe I'll have a look at this level if I feel like I want to download it.

Wow, just like that huh? No reasons stated or nothing, just a question and some instant gratification. Some advice that might help is to make sure that the person testing is actually gonna give some decent criticism, and doesn't just want to play the levels early on. Which in this case, I think will happen.

Ice, can you stop being elitist. You're not worried about criticism, you're worried about post count.

#srb2fun users said:
|Sun Oct 12, 2008, 05:19:12 PM| <_ICE_> Would YOU let someone with less than 5 posts beta test something?
|Sun Oct 12, 2008, 05:19:36 PM| <Prime_2> ...what?
|Sun Oct 12, 2008, 05:19:37 PM| <Senku> No?
|Sun Oct 12, 2008, 05:19:49 PM| <_ICE_> Well, Chisuun just did.

Since post count is all I think about. Did you even read the rest of what I said? I said I was warning Chisuun because the same thing has happened to me. The post count thing was just something had observed. I don't necessarily think that higher post count=Intelligence.

Sorry if I made it seem that way.

Kitsune said:
Ice, can you stop being elitist.

Kitsune, you can stop jumping to conclusions.

It's not mine or Ice's decision of who Chisuun chooses to test betas, but Ice has an extremely valid point. Allowing some random person to beta test your map is a pretty dangerous choice, considering it creates a total wildcard with the chance that said person will either not give constructive feedback or will just leak it to other people.

I mean, if Chisuun knows Fabian well, then that's another case. But otherwise, I can't say that seems like a wise decision.

Frankly, I've never had beta testers before. All that I've released in the past has been final, and untested.
Just stop it, please. I don't want posts filled with flaming in them on the topic about my wad. I choose whoever I want to be my beta testers. We learn from mistakes, right?
If it turns out that he's signing up to just play the levels early, I'll find out. Besides, there are going to be lots of betas for the testers (just as soon as I can freely use the comp again), so It'd be likely that I'd find out.

They talk about me in IRC? Wow :D...*slapped*

Anyway, a few new screenshots, to interest people, all are of the Zone 1 Adventure Field, and were taken in Dash's World since it runs OpenGL fine on my computer and not srb2win for some reason:

shot0004wc9.png

Ahh...scenery...

shot0005og5.png

That looks like a little bit of beach-side fun, no? I'll add more to the beach.

shot0006gz7.png

Beach chairs, FTW.

shot0007ld2.png

Boy, it sucks to be the king of this mountain.

Right now, that adventure field is pretty small, compared to how big it's supposed to be.

1. Auto-Algign your Sectors
2. Add more seanery to the AF(1)
3. Add more sectors
4. Make the water more lively
4A. Make plants for water
4B. Make fish for the water

(1)Adventure field

Good, 5.7/10

The list of creativity goes on...

The special stages are comprised of speed zones called "Max Speed Zones" that reflect on the themes(s) of the acts of the zone. Like, Mount Dawn's Max Speed Zone revisits the themes of Act 1 and 2. Expect to see not pics, but a video today.

Apologies for the double post.

The first promo video is available on YouTube. Look for the link in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back