• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Block Fort WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitoko

I actually decided to actually make something!
Yes, this is my first level, bear with me.
I tried to make it accurate to Block Fort as much as possible. May be retouched in the future.

srb20009.png

srb20012v.png

I spoilered the images so you wouldn't be too cluttered. I also spoilered them in case you wanted to save your eyes for the final product. I know it's my first map, spare me some hate >_< Well yeah, this took me some time, but it was fun to make. It'll be out to play sometime soon.
Also, Match and Tag in Mario Kart mode is kind of bugged, some items don't have an effect, and lightning hurts all. Lightning is best disabled during Match and Tag

I updated the map, here's some newer images!
srb20023.png

srb20024.png

srb20025.png
I also wonder what kind of aesthetic feaures you are looking forward to in block fort, like what kind of sky, BG scenery, ect. I could certainly try to implement that into the map, I don't know if I could but I'll try!

Last edited:
Hey the first person to make other then a race map for mario kart mode. Keep up the good work and it would be a nice add on to srb2 riders

Those textures are still eye blinding to the eyes, especially in OGL. But :D you already know that.

I was going to handle Block Fort myself.

...And I definetly will, since this doesn't really look accurate at all.

And yes, Match in Mario Kart simply doesn't work. CZ64 might work on a Battle mode in the future, but I dunno if he actually will.

I updated the map, here's some newer images!
srb20023.png

srb20024.png

srb20025.png
I also wonder what kind of aesthetic feaures you are looking forward to in block fort, like what kind of sky, BG scenery, ect. I could certainly try to implement that into the map, I don't know if I could but I'll try!

The colors are still bright and the blue section still blends in with the sky. I suggest you make some custom textures to give detail to the level. One tone colors do not make this level appealing.

Ah, so this is based off the DS version? Well, I suggest the floor be gray on the "inside" textures of the fort, but keep the colored "outline" of them. More pleasant to the eye. As for textures, I reccomend taking the 2fort BLU team textures or perhaps some Dark City textures and recoloring them. This way, it's not just one solid color.

Last edited:
The colors are still bright and the blue section still blends in with the sky. I suggest you make some custom textures to give detail to the level. One tone colors do not make this level appealing.

You'll have to wait and find out, I'm taking suggestions for now :P And yes, the blue bloick will no longer blend with the sky.

palredf2.png

It's not going to be pure solid colour you know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back