Superbowl (XLV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Anyone watching the superbowl here in the Americas?

Unfortunately, the Packers are winning. I've been surprised the whole game due to the fact that the Packers had a big lead at the start. Steelers have been catching up and I'm wondering if they'll win!

Watching the game, but I could hardly care since I like neither of the teams or Football at all.

Packers won the Superbowl. Now someone will lock this topic very soon since it has no further purpose. =/

Dang. Oh well I dislike football anyway. My dad tried to make me a steelers fan though. EAT IT DAD!

There's plenty to talk about once we stop leaving one sentence comments about how we don't care about football. What plays were there? What about the odds on the sides of both teams? Which one was the favorite? What about the commercials, the half-time show, or the Star-Spangled Banner that was butchered?

I watched half of the Superbowl with several girls from my dorm. The second half I went back to my room and did homework, and chatted with a packers fan on Facebook. I was disappointed by the half-time show, I expected the songs to have more energy, but at least the glowy people were pretty cool. I'm fairly disinterested with football, but I'm guess I'm happy with the outcome. I don't think I would have been unhappy if it went the other way.

I thought the singers were terrible. I think the only thing that saved them were the super cool effects casted around the stadium(Who doesn't love people glowing the entire field up?)

I didn't pay too much attention to the commercials, but I did catch several of them. My favorite probably has to be the Doritos one.

Steelers got raped.

...Too soon?
Steelers caught up during the second half, but the Packers still had them by the balls throughout the game, so it was kind of an expected defeat on the whole.

Last edited:
It was a Ben Roethlisberger joke. I guess I should have said that the Steelers were "allegedly sexually assaulted."

That said, I'm pleased with the outcome. The halftime show was fucking awful, though.

Same thing as Flame. And the halftime show. The singing was awful, but the light show was cool. And Slash never ceases to be cool with that guitar.

I feel bad that I went to a Super Bowl party just to sit in a chair and whip out my DS to play Pokemon for the next 2 hours or so. I didn't pay attention at all even with the nice HDTV sitting in front of my face.

Yeah, I went to a friend's a while before the game started, but I ended up leaving at least half an hour before the half-time show. Partly because I had homework I needed to finish up, but sitting around watching commercials and a game I don't even care about for three or four hours... isn't something I can do that easily.

I'm not sure if I'll ever really understand America's fascination in sports like baseball and football. At least soccer and hockey are faster paced.

I'm not sure if I'll ever really understand America's fascination in sports like baseball and football. At least soccer and hockey are faster paced.

What about golf? If you think those are too slow... Hee hee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back