• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Srb2 Boscage Forge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brawl

Up Down, All Around!
post updated with more info later

srb20011-2.png

srb20015-1.png

The special stage textures do no not fit, I cannot even tell what they are suppose to be and there needs to be more texture variation overall, it is lacking in visual.

As far as the level itself, the screenshots are doing no justice, the level looks like it need a lot more work.

It's severely needing more space in the areas. There's too many pillars and the areas in general are too small. Add things in the background to make it look less like boring, empty space, and add more texture variation.

Brawl if you want help on something, is that I have nothing to do today.

Yeah, the columns are too close together and there is too much empty space. You should really work on improving what you already have before showing us little new thing you are adding, they can be shown when a lot improvement is done to everything you showed show plus bit extra.

That last one may be dramatic, but it is so dark it would make for terrible gameplay. But who knows? Maybe it's better in context.

So, Doom 3 is being ported to SRB2?

Seriously though, it's way too dark. How do you see anything?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but so far this is very bad level designing. Unless you've just began on it and started showing pictures of just shortly-worked-on parts of the level. Advice: For quicksand or soft sand, do not put a random tree in it. The level is supposed to feel like a desert... unless you're trying to change the look and design of the level as the player(s) advances. If I knew how to make levels correctly with Doom or whatever with correct files and everything, I'd be working like crazy trying to impress this community.

I love how Brawl just goes in and out of this thread, posting horrible screenshots and not saying a word about the comments made or improving in any way. Seriously, all I see is yellow. No u

Well, I do like the first of those two new screenshots a little...but yeah, Brawl, what are you going to do about all these suggestions and criticisms?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will improve the level. New screenshots, the level is called Blue Canyon that I am working on.

srb20043.png

srb20042.png

Last edited:
Wait, isn't this topic supposed to be about boscage forge? Why are you posting a whole new level?

And it looks horrible. Go about fixing the first level before you start churning out a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back