• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Silver Sonic Mark I I I(Progression Underway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's far from finished, but here is what I have so far,
ssmkiiiframesetlp1.png

Dreadful isn't it?
Anyways I think it's coming along well for now.
Does anybody have some comments or suggestions for it?

Wow, i saw this on the other forum that it was posted on. It looks really good, except i never knew that there was a Silver sonic mark 3.

There really isn't...
So far the only silver sonics that are officially in existence are, MKP, MKI, and MKII...
Also, for anyone wondering how many metal sonics there are well,
1254142jw0.jpg

This is not even half of them.

Please Note: Credit for the banner seen above goes to thewax70...

Interesting use of gradients you have going on there. I realize the legs are supposed to be knife-shaped, but you might want to add one more pixel-length of thickness to the front and back sprite's legs.

Otherwise, the quality of the sprites looks pretty standard to me. Continue.

Heh, I actually don't have the leggings or the arms for the front and back made yet, those lines are just so I know how long the leggings are suppossed to be in relation to the left and right angles. And they are kind of suppossed to be spear-like...

Actually, yes... Now that one of my friends has finally posted a pic of me from homecoming onto face book...
Also anyone who is interested, here is the progression reel of the first sprite I made for this character, Including the base drawing or "concept art."
originaldrawingat9.png
silvermk3incompletejo4.png
silvermk3rv4.png
silvermk3au2.png
silvermk3number2mi8.png
silvermk3number3dj6.png
silvermk3number4kw9.png

FYI it goes from left to right, note the variety of changes that had been made from the earliest sprite to the latest sprite.
Also throughout this sprite's progression, I have been getting ideas on how to make it better from Silent_Snipe, Sky_Ninja, Nitro, and somewhere along the line I got a little output from Senku.

Woah, that "concept art" pic seems better than all the versions of that sprite! Why couldn't you make it just like that, rather than making it slightly different to it? Maybe you could also make that his character select pic.

EDIT: Anyway, did you make that concept art pic?

Monster Iestyn said:
Woah, that "concept art" pic seems better than all the versions of that sprite! Why couldn't you make it just like that, rather than making it slightly different to it? Maybe you could also make that his character select pic.
I won't be using it for one, maybe two reasons, it has already been displayed almost everywhere on the internet, also, this stuff is harder than it looks, in spite of the fact that I know someone who did a good job of drawing silver from scratch in paint...
For those who don't know what I am talking about, look at this guy's piece of work!
silverqs0.png

And he did that with paint! I could never be that good.

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Monster Iestyn said:
I won't be using it for one, maybe two reasons, it has already been displayed almost everywhere on the internet, also, this stuff is harder than it looks, in spite of the fact that I know someone who did a good job of drawing silver from scratch in paint...
For those who don't know what I am talking about, look at this guy's piece of work!
silverqs0.png

So does this mean you didn't make that concept art pic?

Monster Iestyn said:
EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Monster Iestyn said:
silverqs0.png

So does this mean you didn't make that concept art pic?
It started off as an idea that i drew up in blakc and white, I shared it with a friend and he shared it with another friend(you see where this is going) and so on and eventually the idea ended up with several different colored versions made by several hundreds of people... This concept is one of them, because sadly I don't have a scanner... -sigh- At least its not too different from the original...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back