Can't play my maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever i try to play MAPS1 and MAPS2 SRB2 closes and i get an error message.
-
Could you help me to understand where i went wrong?
(The wad uses custom music and custom textures (from srb2assetpack wad)
Thanks in advance :D

Last edited:
Well first, what is the error message when SRB2 closes? This will help a lot for people who want to help.

Last edited:
immagineuyl.jpg

You didn't import the custom textures and flats correctly. From what I'm gathering, all graphics are from the asset pack. So what you should do is delete all graphics (and the map called "DICE2A"; no idea how that happened) and then copy them over again from the asset pack. To make sure everything works, copy all lumps from the asset pack and don't change their order or delete any of them.

Problem solved, for safety I copied the file and tried to re-enter asset pack's lumps, but how many times I try (both xwe and with Slade) I always get an error similar (but related to other textures). If I upload the file can someone do this for me?
(Sorry my bad english, i hope you understand).

Problem solved, for safety I copied the file and tried to re-enter asset pack's lumps, but how many times I try (both xwe and with Slade) I always get an error similar (but related to other textures). If I upload the file can someone do this for me?
(Sorry my bad english, i hope you understand).

That's like breaking the 'Do not ask other people to make your mods for you' rule, but for one thing, are you using the SRB2 2.0 config for SRB2 Doom Builder? Or is i the other way around, with 2.0 config being used on SRB2 1.09.4? That's all from me at the moment! I'd be okay to help on this.

I'm using the SRB2 2.0 config, it worked correctly before adding asset pack lumps.
I'm not asking someone to make the mod to me, my computer works bad and slowly (i had to copy-paste the lumps ten at time and i still got error) and i'm just asking to add the lumps for me :)

I'm using the SRB2 2.0 config, it worked correctly before adding asset pack lumps.
I'm not asking someone to make the mod to me, my computer works bad and slowly (i had to copy-paste the lumps ten at time and i still got error) and i'm just asking to add the lumps for me :)

Okay, it just SEEMED like you were asking others to ma- okay, never mind... What's the link?

Here is my diagnosis:

Pyro's Diagnosis said:
I opened up SLADE to check the arrangement of the files, and what I saw was slightly jumbled... P_END was before P_START at the top, as with F_END and F_START, which was beng treated as a MAP MARKER! The maps, however were pretty much properly arranged, but what surprised me was that MAPS3/S5's REJECT lump was a Snea graphic according to SLADE! So, I moved the clump of MIDIs in the middle of the list to the top with the 1st MIDI, along with the MAINCFG lump, pasted ALL the asset pack files underneath the map files, saved the wad, tested it, ran through all the WIP maps, with no errors whatsoever! This was Pyro the Magma Fox's diagnosis on 'PlayerNo97s Level Pack.wad'

Here's the fixed wad: http://puu.sh/11jB5

I hope it works! ^^

And yes, the levels are playing normally DESPITE those Snea REJECT lumps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back