Help with special textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick a tangible, invisible FOF next to the chain fence. If you've done it before, this should jog your memory to what is necessary.

Stick a tangible, invisible FOF next to the chain fence. If you've done it before, this should jog your memory to what is necessary.

Let me clarify. I'm trying to make FOF with the CHAINFENC Texture, but it's not behaving properly.

You can use it as a Middle texture, only set up to loop; I forget the specifics of how this works, but I pulled it off in Crosswalk a few years ago. You would have to use an invisible FOF for collision, though, because it wouldn't really work otherwise (impassible linedefs are infinitely tall, and even then, aren't reliable in SRB2's collision detection).

Alternatively, if you use a translucent FOF, but set the translucency to 255 (fully visible), it'll render the texture for every pixel that isn't that one cyan color. RVZ uses this for some of its own cross-hatched platforms. (Not sure if it's using the actual transparency values or literally that one palette index. Not even sure this will work for a vertically-oriented FOF, tbh - it might generate tons of tutti-frutti - but then again, it might work fine.)

Something similar to this right?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62708972/srb20019.png

If you want the middle wall texture to appear without the cyan color, you should use an lower unpegged middle texture with effect 5 checked, this will cause it to rise all the way to the ceiling, then you can use the Y offsets to lower it to the desired height. Keep in mind that overuse of this will cause a drop in frame-rate, however. Use an invisible solid FOF to make it "solid".

Something similar to this right?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62708972/srb20019.png

If you want the middle wall texture to appear without the cyan color, you should use an lower unpegged middle texture with effect 5 checked, this will cause it to rise all the way to the ceiling, then you can use the Y offsets to lower it to the desired height. Keep in mind that overuse of this will cause a drop in frame-rate, however. Use an invisible solid FOF to make it "solid".

Floor textures actually.

Oh, floor texture. Use the method Shadowhog suggested, but make sure the FoF has 0 height.

If you want the floor texture translucent, just use a translucent FOF with 0 height and 255 translucency. If you want both, you'll probably have to combine the method I explained in my first post with Shadowhog's.

Is it all right if you could send me the wadfile or an image of what you're doing?
using effect 5 and Y offsets, I can get CHAINFEN to do this:

srb20042.png

But translucent FOFs have a problem making wall textures completely translucent, so using lower unpegged is the only way to get it to look right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back