Name of the C++ Project file for SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro the Magma Fox

Totally not using Hydreigon
I am looking for the project file for SRB2 in the source code, but I can't seem to find it - only the header/source files... Where is it located and what is the filename?

It should be located in the main folder containing all of the source code folders and files, like, src, bin, and such. See if you can find files named srb2.dev and srb2.cbp. srb2.dev is the project file for wxDev-C++ and srb2.cbp is for Code::Blocks. Don't know about Visual C++ though.

They're admittedly very similar, but C doesn't have classes or operator overloading like C++ does. Also, unless you're using the C99 standard or later, it doesn't have booleans either (although I think SRB2 doesn't really use the standard set of variable types as it is, so that's kind of a moot point).

But yeah, I recall this being one of the reasons we don't port the game to ZDoom or something - it's C++, while SRB2 is C.

Anything that works for C++ should work for C. I often use Code::Blocks; since SRB2 already has a project file for it, it looks like a good fit.

Anything that works for C++ should work for C. I often use Code::Blocks; since SRB2 already has a project file for it, it looks like a good fit.

Right...I am having trouble compiling the .exe...

Code::Blocks said:
"Sonic Robo Blast 2 - Debug Native/SDL" uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping...
Nothing to be done.

Which C++ compiler are you using?

It sounds like Code::Blocks either is set to use the wrong compiler or can't find the one you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back