Bad Zoom Tube in ERZ2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

This seems to be a bug more with how zoomtubes are handled, though there is an easy workaround.

Anyway, in ERZ, the zoom tube off the room with the Egg Guards after the turret room can be glitched simply by walking into it backwards. I assume that this goes for all other "unprotected" zoom tubes as well. I discovered this after thokking an Egg Guard and being bumped into the tube. Screens:

z542Y.png

0tRfj.png

U69xy.png

However, there is a very easy workaround. As you can see in this shot

6LUis.png

there is an invisible wall blocking the player from reentering the tube from the other side. (This is me thokking it to show solidity, although it didn't work well.) What one could do it place one of these walls after the start sector on the other side of the zoom tube, since it seems zoom tubing players can go right through walls anyway. So just stick one at the beginning to prevent accidental entry and you save those who are playing for the first time some confusion.

I put invisible walls at both ends of the zoom tubes in all of my levels, and I assumed everyone else did it too. Well, it seems there were some things the devs just didn't think of.

I wouldn't really call that much of a "bug" with zoom tubes themselves - that is pretty normal (yet odd) behavior for zoom tubes - by default they activate only if you're facing towards them rather than away from them.

Zoom tubes can be changed to activate when facing any angle using a certain linedef flag (can't remember which one), but then you'd immediately trigger the zoom tube again at the end sector, and then again at the start sector, etc etc...

That's only if the zoom tube is two-way, though. If it only goes in a single direction, then using that option works great. Once again, I do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back