Super SRB2 Kart Z =NOT EXACTLY CANCELED=

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had a problem with ANY of the icy tracks. And have you forwarded your port? I dont sigsev when joining. Are you sure you have ALL the right files?

You don't need to forward your ports to join, only to host. And if you're missing a file, the game doesn't sigsegv, it crashes with an error message telling you what files you're missing.

What do you mean omnisplode?

They explode. And again. And again and again and again. Per frame. EVERY FRAME.

Basically it ruins whatever race was going on, and you need to change maps.

Current fix is simply, "Turn off bombs and black shells".

When ever my friend opens the game it loads up to the first title then closes. Get this, a min after it closes all srb2 kart file disappear.
Can some one help?

When ever my friend opens the game it loads up to the first title then closes. Get this, a min after it closes all srb2 kart file disappear.
Can some one help?

You can blame Norton 360 because the same thing happened to me.

If you have Norton, you can keep the files by right-clicking on "srb2kart", and clicking on "Norton File Insight".

On that menu, when you see how many people use that file, click "Trust Now" and it'll remain there.

I can't believe people still use AND PAY FOR Norton when it's a bloated piece of crap that slows down and takes over your computer and even Microsoft's own free antivirus is 100 times better.

I'm glad Norton isn't on my new computer. It was on my old computer, and these damn popups got in my way and the popups cept closing srb2.

I can't believe people still use AND PAY FOR Norton when it's a bloated piece of crap that slows down and takes over your computer and even Microsoft's own free antivirus is 100 times better.

Norton is a troll who, for some reason, comes with your comp as a trial with not uninstall button. Then when it expires it trolls you with its annoying "Your Norton trial has expired! Do you want to buy now?" popping up blocking your view, especially when you're on a online game you that is full screened.

Hey Guys,

I noticed that the "Lovely Night" map was removed in the 12.04.17 release. I used the search function, but only found D00d64's post on the 24th of January regarding it.

Is there any chance that the map might be added again in the future? Even if it must be manually selected from the list?

My reason for asking, is because it was one of my favorite maps to play with a few of my friends -- the music was great, and the layout was fun.

If the plan is "no", is it possible to get my hands on a .wad file just for that map/music?

Thanks (: -- this mod is one of the best "with friends" racers for the PC, imo.

Pie

You can still find it here on the D00D Kart 64 thread: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=36113

Not sure if it works with SRB2kart.... If not, you can still load it up in SRB2riders and select it from the kart race option. The pack also includes some other tracks that were chopped from this version for one reason or another.

Thanks for the reply Pyro.

Unfortunately, the d00d 2.2 pack is not compatible with KartZ (at least, from my testing) -- I could boot up my old copy of Riders, but that's a bit "ehhh".

For sure though, I'll keep that in mind as a fallback - it'd just be nice to get the "best of both worlds" (all the changes/fixes of Kart + the map).

Pie

Progress on SRB2Kart has been halted until further notice due to lack of interest. It may continue when more good and original levels are submitted to the project for use in the official rotation. The project's flaw is the fact that most of it's levels are ports, and only some of said ports actually work well with the mod's play style.

I'll still be hosting servers and stuff though; it doesn't necessarily mean the project is over, just suspended.

The whole entire community is Suspended Robo Blast 2 D:

I really hope this encourages more original maps. The GBA ports are mostly fine anyway with a couple of exceptions, though they're uninteresting to look at and actually really annoying when there are so many of them, but stuff like Silence and Retro Maze are really quite terrible.

I think we should probably get rid of most of the ports and just have the best of the best, like DS Delphino Plaza and N64 Bowser's Castle

I think a map randomiser or voting system would actually be a nice feature. It'd prevent long droughts of ugly ports.

Last edited:
Well, none of the ports besides the two you mentioned are necessarily bad.
Instead of trying to deceive ourselves by equalizing the ports and originals, we should make more originals to combat the ports.

EDIT: And yes, a voting system would be very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back