SC_Castle (Final v2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time emblem still seems impossible, I've come close but not actually gotten it yet. Maybe raise the time to 1:10. Anyways, thanks to South Island now being possible to record attack, I can now see the wrecked castle. And...

nqpT46j.png

Oh god this level is an eyesore. Please, change the walls or floors so you can tell the difference between them.

2cW7avF.png

Also, just...a wall? I figured out that I was supposed to push a button a while back, but that's still something you might want to change.

Well for a "my first wad" level pack, this is cool.
Not that much but cool.
You should add more levels, up to 6 act to be extreme.
(only a idea.)

Ok, I'll change it, new zones are still in progress, zones will be added
-----------------------
Names of new zones:

Ice Castle act 1 and 2
Evil Castle

No, what i mean was to edit all that so you can spoil it.
If you don't know what i'm talking about, see this.

The time emblem still seems impossible, I've come close but not actually gotten it yet. Maybe raise the time to 1:10.
I think maybe you needed to put a bit more effort into it?

(See attachment, I've done score\time\ring attack with Sonic for the "Castle Zone 1")

Attachments

• castle.rar
    241.9 KB · Views: 301
I think maybe you needed to put a bit more effort into it?

(See attachment, I've done score\time\ring attack with Sonic for the "Castle Zone 1")

It still shouldn't be that hard. I've obtained every time emblem in vanilla with relative ease, and I just gave up on this after 20 or so tries. (except ATZ, because I'm no good at puzzles.)

It still shouldn't be that hard. I've obtained every time emblem in vanilla with relative ease, and I just gave up on this after 20 or so tries. (except ATZ, because I'm no good at puzzles.)
I got the Castle emblem in around 14 tries, but it still seems more challenging than emblems in regular SRB2, that's why it was fun for me to get this emblem.

Once you know the level's layout and control movement properly, it isn't that hard.

I may not have finished every zone but, first of all, i'll gona do the review.
Well first of all, Castle Act 1.
You could add a more creative name, such as, for example, Eggman's Backup Castle Act 1.
I saw the emblem timer is tried this in a rush and i got about 1:36, so you should change to 1:20, and the other emblems, i didn't try to get them.

Now, The Boss.
Well, a tipical, classic boss fight, I was waiting for something harder, a custom boss such as Lat's SRB2 New Horizons boss, but anyway, it's a "my first wad" mod.

Next, Destroyed Castle.
I may not have finished this level but god dammit it is huge! I like as it is but there is something, very disapointing; the armageddon shield in it. First, it is easy to get. Second, It makes it be more like child game but I don't have problem within this, just ignore it. Also the Emerald Token is easy to get, so i expect to have it harder to find.

Moving on, South Island.
Well, kinda beautifull but other then it, the Emerald Token is very easy to get so I have an idea.
1. Put a lot of enemies and instead of an Emerald Token, put a 1-Up Box.
2. Create a place hard to reach and then put the Emerald Token there.
Done with this.
Anything left is good and let it stay as it is.

Overall, not bad, keep trying, create a custom boss and change the Emerald Tokens. Other then it, is good.
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
The head of The Boss I'm doing yet but it will take a while for it to be completed and 2 new zones I told you I was going for in process and so thanks for the ideas I'll post them do not worry.

I'm helping you to make a better "my first wad" mod so, I'm glad to help and any bugs or weird things I find, I'll tell you as soon as I can.

Keep up the good work, until the final release!

With patience, you can get triple the amount of points that is needed for the Score Attack emblem in Destroyed Castle.
easy%20150k.gif
After blasting those badniks to bits, all you have to do is a bit of crawla-bouncing in the later areas of the level to work the score up to 150,000. You should definitely raise the minimum points needed for the Score Attack emblem.

Other than that, not bad for a first wad. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Can you please put several multiplayer levels into this Level Pack. If you do that, put them in the MAPGx Slot and the MAPNx slot so we can make sure that the levels don't bother with the original multiplayer levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back