Objects On A F.O.F?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpool The Hedge..

Also known as "FearsomeFang"
So I was wondering about how to make a objects on a F.O.F (Floor Over Floor). During my process I tryed to create a bridge that is a F.O.F, but every time I try to put objects on that F.O.F it just keeps on going under the F.O.F. But what I really want this process to do is make the objects go on top of the F.O.F. If you have an example wad it would be helpful even the link to Srb2Wiki will be helpful.

Just set the object to be several fracunits above the FOF. Gravity should make it fall down onto the FOF unless the object is like, a ring or something.

You need to modify the height of the thing you want to place so that it matches up with the FOF. So if you have an FOF whose ceiling is at, say, 576 fracunits, set the height of the thing to be 576.

You need to modify the height of the thing you want to place so that it matches up with the FOF. So if you have an FOF whose ceiling is at, say, 576 fracunits, set the height of the thing to be 576.

Now how do you set the height is there like an option that has that? cause I tryed to look but I couldn't find anything.

If you're using SRB2DB it'll give the option of Z Height when you go to edit the thing type. If you're using a different editor, you need to edit the thing flags manually; figure out how many fracunits are between the floor of the sector and the top of the FOF (ceiling height of FOF - floor height of sector), multiply that by 16 (for some objects, you'll need to multiply it by 32 - the player starts are one such set of objects), and add it to the flags.

What editor are you using? That information would be helpful for us to help you with.

If you're using SRB2DB it'll give the option of Z Height when you go to edit the thing type. If you're using a different editor, you need to edit the thing flags manually; figure out how many fracunits are between the floor of the sector and the top of the FOF (ceiling height of FOF - floor height of sector), multiply that by 16 (for some objects, you'll need to multiply it by 32 - the player starts are one such set of objects), and add it to the flags.

What editor are you using? That information would be helpful for us to help you with.

Im using "Doom Builder version 1.68 by Pascal vd Heiden." So yea it's pretty old but I'm use to this Doom Builer.

Yeah, that doesn't natively support SRB2's thing height system. You'll have to add it to the thing flags manually like I detailed, then.

Have you tried SRB2DB, though? It's just an SRB2-centric modification of Doom Builder, with native support for thing Z heights and other stuff. http://workbench.srb2.org/srb2db/

Last edited:
You need to change the Z Position of the thing, For example, If your floor is 0 height, and your FOF's top is at 100, you place the thing where you want it in the FOF, but then change the Z position of that specific thing to 100 and so forth. But make sure any objects you place that are not on FOF's afterwards have a Z position of 0 (Unless you want them to float.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back