Help On How To Make Teleporter (Without the node glitch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpool The Hedge..

Also known as "FearsomeFang"
The title says it all, so I wanted to know "How To Make Teleporter (Without The Node Glitch)." I saw the Srb2 wiki already but I need a better explaination on how to make it. I'm trying to make the player teleport to its destination (not an object).

Last edited:
First off, make a control sector. The first control linedef should be tagged to the sector that activates the teleport and be the Linedef Type 300. The tagged sector should have either one of the following sector effects: Trigger Line Ex. (Anywhere in Sector) or Trigger Line Ex. (Floor Touch) (I'm not too sure if other Trigger Line Ex. effects work but I know these do). This also works with the All Players counterparts.

The rest beyond here is the exact same, you're still require to use a Teleport Destination thing.

If you're still having trouble and want an example, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?c0d6e7acecec67a

EDIT: Agh, no. Don't use that. It doesn't show off on how it doesn't node glitch, I'll fix that soon.
EDIT2: There, reuploaded. This time it works.

Last edited:
The... node glitch. Huh?

You just have a linedef executor (I think) set to Sector Floor Touch, and have it execute a teleport into a tagged sector with a teleport spot. Simple. Doom does it similarly, but since its collision detection works with single linedefs and not just whole sectors, it uses a walk-over linedef special.

IIRC there's also a way to offset the player an exact X/Y/Z value relative to their current position when triggering the special, which I use in Lightless Labyrinth a couple of times.

The... node glitch. Huh?

You just have a linedef executor (I think) set to Sector Floor Touch, and have it execute a teleport into a tagged sector with a teleport spot. Simple. Doom does it similarly, but since its collision detection works with single linedefs and not just whole sectors, it uses a walk-over linedef special.

IIRC there's also a way to offset the player an exact X/Y/Z value relative to their current position when triggering the special, which I use in Lightless Labyrinth a couple of times.
So, this would also work with Each Time Linedef Executor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back